Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Road Trip to Tiger Country

Well, obviously, I didn't get taken hostage by any LSWho fans during my stay in Baton Rouge this week. God was watching out for me and I am grateful for his protection while traveling. And let me just say that the 4.5 hour trip there has got to be one of the most BORING drives in the world!!

I tried to break up the drive with a stop in Natchez at the Kelly's Kids outlet, but the address Google gave me was not right. So I stopped in a Sherwin Williams and asked for help. The men were kind enough to call the store and get the correct address. I hopped back in my car and ended up back at the same Sherwin Williams! So then I called Kelly's Kids and they informed me that they were closing that day at 4:30. This was at 4:15. Needless to say, there was no stopping at Kelly's Kids.

By the time I got to St. Francisville, I was ready to stop again, so I did at The Myrtles Plantation. It had just showered, so the weather was sticky and damp and cloudy. The house was already locked and the last tour had already been done, so I just enjoyed walking around the house and grounds hoping maybe I might catch a "sight." No such luck, though. I would LOVE to go back for the evening mystery tour the weekend before Halloween. I think that would be fun!






Now I can officially say that I've been to The Myrtles! Have you ever been on a haunted tour?

7 comments:

  1. We went this summer and I loved it. I want to go back and stay in the main house overnight! The mystery tour was interesting, but having done my research ahead of time, I knew the stories that they told were not true, so that was kind of a let down. Still a beautiful, spooky place though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A haunted tour sounds like so much fun! Never been on one, but it sounds like something I would love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and now I wish I had been to Myrtles! LOL Beautiful photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't ever been on a haunted tour. Sounds pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOH--I love the Myrtles! I stayed the night there, but no sightings either:(
    Took my students on it too; they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could have joined you on your trip to the Big BR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Myrtles sounds & looks like my kind of place. I love history & the pictures are lovely. Kelly's Kids has an outlet? I hate you missed that.

    ReplyDelete