Sunday, September 12, 2010

Labor Day Weekend in Louisiana

I say "Labor Day Weekend in Louisiana," because for the last two years, we've drove to Alabama to visit our family for the long weekend. But this year was different, and our family came to see us! We were so glad to see them!

First of all, let me say that I hardly got any pictures at all and I'm just sick about it. Hostess fail. In the picture-taking department at least. I keep telling myself that I don't have any pictures because I was into my role of "entertaining" and I simply didn't think about my camera. The one time I did pick up my Nikon, it was dead as a door knob, so I had to use my small Cannon most of the weekend. You can check out Mirya's blog for more pics. Ha! Especially if you would like to see the Horton's looking like white trash & me with no makeup!

On Saturday afternoon, Alise had a small water slide and ice cream party with just a few friends. It was a gorgeous weekend! We couldn't have asked for better weather! The water slide was a HUGE hit and the girls had fun with chalk, bubbles, and riding bikes, but it eventually got a little chilly (Can you believe that? In Louisiana? In September?) and the girls began to get cold. So we went inside for ice cream (I'm just sick that I didn't get pictures of the table decorated or of the girls eating. They all looked so cute gathered around the table fixing their ice cream with cherries, whipped cream, M&Ms, sprinkles, and chocolate syrup!). Thank you to the Crayon Princess for painting the ice cream bowls! They turned out so cute!
Doug and Mirya surprised us with lots of Alabama memorialbilia including a rug that Wayne and I can't decide where to put. The championship coke bottles and canister are going in the kitchen. Leigh gave me a piece of my Fiestaware in purple. Of course, she said it was for LSU, but I told her that she's just lucky that it's also my favorite color. Ha! And I promise the plate was clean - fresh out of the dishwasher - and not dirty as it looks here.And Ms. L gave me this wonderful sign for my cave!! I have been so excited about it that all I've thought about all week is getting in that cave and cleaning it out and what color to paint it! I can't wait to hang it up!! And speaking of Ms. L, please say a prayer for her. She has been one sick little lady!
On Saturday night, we had a HUGE fish fry with family and friends. There was so much food and it was all delicious! Wayne and Brad did a great job frying the fish! We were a house divided that night! Ha! Half were LSU fans and half were Bama fans. What can I say? Everyone wore their favorite team t-shirt and it was great!

I can't wait for the next get to-gether at the Rammer Jammer Residence!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the canvas sign and the purple plate. Looks like you had a great time. And BTW, yes, I love our fridge. (You asked me about that last week. Ha.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all had fun! I am sure you will creating lots of great memories in that new home! You had asked about AJ's bathroom wall color...it is more of a beige than ivory. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know y'all had fun! Now I'm going to see the pictures of the Horton's looking like white trash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like an awesome time! Glad you got to entertain at your new house. Your door is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete