Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Magic Weekend

A few weeks ago, our friends, Clay and Lauren, called and wanted to know if we would be interested in taking Eva and Alise to Magic Springs. We were smack dab in the middle of moving at the time but Wayne and I both felt so bad because we didn't take Alise anywhere this summer {we cancelled our beach trip because of the oil spill} so we decided to go. We are both so glad we did! We had a blast!!

But... it was a secret! We didn't tell Alise where we were going or even that we were going somewhere and I was about to bust all week! We let Eva spill the beans in the car when we were about ten miles down the road. Alise's face just lit up!! Of course, she had no idea what Magic Springs even was, but she was excited just the same!

We drove to Arkansas Friday night after everyone got off work and arrived at the hotel around 11 o'clock. On Saturday morning, Clay and Wayne took the girls swimming after breakfast and then we headed to the park. The girls got into my makeup and decided that they couldn't go until their lipstick was on.

It was hot, ya'll!! So, so hot! But we just rolled with it and drank lots and lots of water {and lemonade}. I had so much fun riding with Alise on her first roller coaster ride - in the very first car! She insisted! But the entire time, she had her head buried in my lap! It was so much fun!Alise and Eva looking sassy in their mom's sunglasses during a rest moment.

Last night when we got home, Alise was half asleep and she said, "Mommie, I had so much fun today! When can we go back?" That made it all worth it! Even the sweating {because I know I probably lost 10 whole pounds!}!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, too! School starts for us this week and I am so excited about it! I'll tell you why soon!

5 comments:

  1. aw that looks so fun! I've never heard of it but I'm guessing its just an amusement park! How neat you got to ride with Alise on her very first roller coaster! I remember my first one- at Kings Dominion here in Va- I was little and the seat belt wasn't exactly tight enough so I kept flying up out of my seat-so scary! ..prob why I do not like them now either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys were about 2 hours away from us. Magic Springs is a lot of fun. I haven't been in years. I bet Alise had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! I love Magic Springs, but haven't been in a few years! I love that you surprised Alise! Hope ya'll have a good start to the school year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, looks like so much fun. I've never heard of "Magic Springs", but it sounds a lot like "Six Flags". Katie got to see her first rollercoaster on the Travel channel last month. Now, she wants me to take her one day. How did Alise do? I don't know if Katie is too young or not. I hate it that we missed our beach trip, but I'm glad y'all got to go somewhere. We stuck to the activities around here.

    Can't wait to see y'all in the next few weeks.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Glad you got to get away for a little while!!!

    ReplyDelete