Friday, August 13, 2010

Hey Ya'll!!

If that sounds a little Paula Deen-ish, whell, it was meant to be! See, my parent's bought me her stainless steel cookware for Christmas last year and I've been saving it. Is that crazy or what? Anyway, I cooked with it for the first time this past weekend and I absolutely love it! But I have to share this with you: I was a little ticked with Paula when I first opened the box because I had to soak - yes, soak -the bottom of the pots and pans for 20 minutes in water and baking soda to prevent them from turning black {they have copper bottoms}. I was like, "Give me a break, Paula! If you can be on TV, cook in front of millions AND own your own restaurant, surely you can come up with friggin' pans that won't turn black!" Sorry. Venting. But other than that, they are wonderful to cook with!

I also wanted to show you this uber-cute bakeware I ordered from....whell. If they weren't so darn cute, I'd be afraid to admit it, but they came from QVC. They are from the Temptations product line. A friend of mine saw them {she watches QVC religiously} and knew that I liked polka dots. When I saw the red and white polka dots, I knew they would look SO cute in my Bama kitchen and I can't wait to use them at the party! I also ordered a chip and dip serving piece to match! I'm in love!They look orange but they're really red. See my beautiful back splash?

Speaking of cooking, someone asked me how the Red Velvet Whoopie Pies turned out. Whell.... They didn't happen this weekend. I decided to just bake a red velvet cake {out of a box} with cream cheese icing instead. And let me just say, it wasn't the same. Bleh!

I've also started getting things ready for the "Scream & Slide" party! Natalie designed the invitations {I'll post a pic of those at a later date} and The Crayon Princess is painting the ice cream bowls. Next week, I;ll give you have a sneak peek of the goodie bags.

And here is my second attempt at making pom poms!I thought the green one looked like a head of lettuce, so I made a pink one and put them beside each other just for PG&S!! Doesn't the pink one look like a soft pink rose? I can't wait to hang these over the island for decoration!

The house won't be decorated, but the the island will be and we'll all scream for ice cream!!

We have a SURPRISE for Alise this weekend! We've been about to BUST all week! I promise to tell you about it next week!

So to all my readers, I hope you have a "Magic" weekend!!!

4 comments:

  1. ha ha you've been saving the pots and pans since Christmas?!
    those polka dot dishes are too cute!! and yep- i think the green pom pom looked like lettuce too once you said it ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the island all decorated up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so crafty! The party will be great! I love the new bake ware. It is perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I just saw this--the pom-poms look great! Really cute! I also love your polka dot bake ware! I am so glad you are enjoying cooking in your new kitchen! You know what they say, the kitchen is the heart of the home!!!

    ReplyDelete