Monday, August 16, 2010

The Day Before Kindegarten

I'm beginning to love the time that Alise and I spend together before school starts every year. For the last two years, I've taken off the day before school starts to spend some Mommie-Daughter time with Alise. And because tomorrow is her first day of kindegarten, I decided to take an extra day off to pick her up and hear all about her first day!Here she is before we left the house. Thanks to Eva, her new hair style is a pony tail on the side. She decided to wear the white beach dress I bought her for beach pictures that unfortunately never happened this summer.

What is so funny is that we started the same way we did last year: at Target! LOL! Last year, I bought Alise a pair of "big girl" capri blue jeans with the bottoms rolled up. She hadn't worn them all summer and when we tried them on last week, they were too small. So....we were on a mission to find another pair and we did...along with new underware, socks, and t-shirts that she insisted I get monogrammed! Ha! She really is my child!

Next, we went to get her fingernails and toe nails painted. Of course, we had to get "flower" designs.Then, we had an early lunch at Chic-fil-a at the mall (showing off her finger nails).And no trip to the mall would be complete without a ride on the carousel.Next stop was the movie theater to see "Beezus & Romana" again.
After the movie, it poured and we were stuck in the theater without an umbrella. We killed some time in the game section and when it finally let up some, we made a mad dash to the car and shopped in Hobby Lobby for a while.
She got a postcard in the mail from her teacher today! Alise is so excited about starting kindegarten. I think I am still in denial that I actually have a kindegartener on my hands!

7 comments:

  1. What a fun time you two had! Pinkie just heard from her Kindergarten teacher too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah love that you take the day before school starts off from work- what a great idea! someday in the future I want to copy that idea! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that you two do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day! I like that y'all did the back to school mani/pedis. Is Wayne waving in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did one better than me. We never made it to the nail salon, but then Bunny is in all day kindergarten and she didn't get home on the bus until 4:00. She said she had a great time, but felt kindergarten was much longer than pre-school...not true. She was one tired girl tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a wonderful Mother-Daughter tradition you two have started. What special memories for Alise to look back on over the years.

    ReplyDelete