Friday, July 16, 2010

Lunch Time Escapades

Last Tuesday, I spent my lunch hour browsing slabs and slabs of granite in hopes of finding the color we want for the kitchen countertops. Our fabricator said that I could just go by the plant, pick out my own slab and ask the company to put my name on it. Of course, when I left work, it was raining cats and dogs and I really had no idea where the place was located. I finally found it and as luck would have it, I made a fast friend, too!

"Chris" was so helpful in a warehouse full of men eating their lunch. When he pointed toward the office, I noticed he had a Bama tattoo on his forearm. Like an idiot, I asked if he was an Alabama fan and he said, "Yes, ma'am!" A Bama tat AND manners!! So I said, "Roll Tide" and walked toward the office. As I was leaving the warehouse, Chris' dad - sporting a national championship hat - came up to me and told me that he could cut us an even better deal than the fabricator we already had because we were "Bama fans." Of course, my ears perked up and when I read the name on his card, it was like John "Bama" Wilson (not really, but "Bama" really was in quotation marks). I couldn't help but laugh. He told me that he and his family were from a town east of Birmingham. I can't remember the name of it, but he was very nice. I love it when I meet Alabama fans!!

Then on Wednesday, the Saints Championship Tour marched in to our city. A friend from work is a die-hard fan, so I spent my lunch break looking at neat Saints' memorabilia like the World Champion trophy and that HUGE Super Bowl ring! It was something to see, but I wish Alise had been with me, because some of the cheerleaders were there, too. She would have LOVED having her picture made with them!









I hope all my blog readers have a SUPER weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Just got back from Branson. Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on Southern Mommas. Enjoyed your blog and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete