Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Little Bit of This And A Little Bit of That

Heads up to all my teacher friends! Natalie at Nat Kat Designs is giving away teacher cards on her blog! Like she says, these would be so neat to hand out at Orientation or Open House. And even if you're not a teacher, they would make an EXCELLENT "happy" on the first day of school. Go over and leave her a comment to win! Tell her I sent you.

Alise and I made an awesome fruit smoothie the other night. Here is what we used, but the possibilities are endless.

Fruit Smoothie
2 containers of strawberry & banana Yoplait yogurt (100-calorie brand)
1/4 c. skim milk
4 sliced strawberries
a handful of blueberries
4-5 ice cubes (only because I like my dairy COLD)

Blend in a blender and enjoy!


While I was waiting in the doctor's office on Monday, I found a great magazine called "Disney Family Fun." Inside were some of the NEATEST ideas to keep your little ones busy during the summer as well as some very interesting articles and coupons to Gymboree and The Children's Place. A subscription is only $12 for 10 issues. I plan to get one. You can go here for the website.

I came across this blog from another one that I follow. Such a sad story. My heart goes out to Marija's family and I pray that God will comfort them during their time of sorrow.

On a happier note, Wayne and I are planning a big party for our family and friends on Labor Day weekend. In the South, we like to call them "Open House" parties, but we're not calling it that simply because I don't foresee everything being in it's place by then. We may all be sitting around in lawn chairs in the living room for the party! Ha!! But our cousins from Alabama are coming that weekend and we thought it would be a great time to have one last summer hurrah! I'm also thinking about having a "Last Summer Splash and Ice Cream Party" that weekend for Alise and about five of her friends, complete with a big water slide. I found some pink ice cream bowls at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago on the clearance aisle for $1 and I'm hoping The Crayon Princess can paint them for me. I thought it would be fun to just set up an ice cream bar for the girls and let them make their own cold treat! Let me know what you think.

The housing renovations have seemed to slowed down again this week. The granite countertops won't arrive until next week or even the week after. The carpenter is STILL working on the columns and arches and there is still much painting to be done. I finally decided on a granite color for the bathrooms, but I can't decide on a wall color for my "lady cave." The appliances arrived on Tuesday, but we haven't hooked them up yet. Wayne is in a wedding out of town this weekend, so there won't be any work completed then, either. That being said, we have both decided to go ahead and work next week (our regular jobs - ha!) instead of take time off like we had scheduled. I'm still saying move-in day will be August 1st. The first batch of furniture won't even arrive until July 30th. Pray, pray, pray that our bed comes in before Labor Day. I guess we'll just wait and see.

Oh! And these babies will most definitely be on the menu for the Rammer Jammer Party!

And what's up with Mel Gibson?? Has he totally wigged out or what??

4 comments:

  1. I think you should do something funky for your lady cave. Go all out! You know everything will be ready for the open house & I may steal the Last Splash idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about polka-dot walls for your cave?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, the Crayon Princess will hook you up with some bowls. I used to get Family Fun and loved it!! Always had the cutest ideas. Call me when the bowls are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea for a party for Alise and her friends. I know they will love having ice cream and putting on their own toppings. I know you will have fun at your open house. Hopefully everything will get started back up and get finished for you.

    ReplyDelete