Ya'll! I am SO happy! Just lookie at my island!
I know it is a complete mess! How many Sonic cups do you see? Ha! A million thanks goes out to my nephew for all the hard work and for putting up with an Aunt who can't seem to make a decision these days!
As for my light. Ya'll. I was SO disappointed yesterday. Honestly, I hadn't been happy since the island arrived. Maybe I had been doing waaaay too much research on kitchen islands, but I was just expecting something different. When it was delivered, my heart just fell, because it was so plain. Wayne kept telling me to just wait for the granite and it would "dress it up." So the granite arrived on Tuesday (a day late) and I started freaking out that the granite wasn't the right color. Of course, the lighting was not up in the kitchen so I really couldn't tell. Then a REALLY good deal on a chandelier fell through when the island nearly swallowed it whole! Luckily, the original chandelier that I found two months ago was still available at a local lighting store so Wayne and I bought it today on my lunch break. We had to do a little "rigging" because the ceilings are low, but I love it! Love it, love it, love it!!!
Things to mention:
1. Did you read Big Mama's blog today? Check out this story about shopping for back-to-school supplies. I see this whole scenario in my future one day. It totally cracked me up! Do you buy school supplies or do you just "write the check." Fortunately for me right now, I just write the check.
2. This Mama takes pictures of her baby girl while she is snoozing. Too stinkin' cute!
3. Giveaways here, here , and here. Go here to check out what Semi-Slacker talked her friend into doing.
4. Someone left advertising cards at Alise's daycare for Castles and Crowns. You can check out their website here.
5. For all my local readers, Munchkin Market is coming up! Get ready to buy gently used name-brand and boutique brands at reduced prices.
Happy Wednesday to all my readers! You ROCK!