Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm Still Smiling!

Ya'll.

Meeting Blog Friends ROCKS!

Saturday morning, Leigh and I headed to Baton Rouge to meet Ms. PG&S for lunch at my favorite restaurant, P.F. Chang's. I was SO excited to meet her! I've been reading her blog for years and when I found out that she was coming "home," I just knew that we had to meet!! She is a modern day Scarlett O'Hara and I am so happy to call her my "Southern Sista" (even if she lives North of the Mason Dixon).

And she recognized me, ya'll!! Leigh and I had gotten to Baton Rouge a little early, so we decided to kill some time by doing a little shopping. We were getting in the car to head to the restaurant and all of a sudden, I heard someone holler, "Laura Horton!!" It surprised me so much because I thought, "Who in the world knows me here?"...never even crossing my mind that it was Ms. PG&S! But that's just how she is and we hugged and it was like we had been long lost friends for years!

The three of us had a fabulous lunch and we talked non stop the entire time! It was so much fun to talk about (in a good way, of course) all the blogs we read and who's who. A perfect Southern Soiree!Leigh, me, & Ms. PG&S

To say that I was anxious about driving to Baton Rouge would be an understatement. See, I have a red and white "BAMA" license plate on the front of my car. And heading South on 61 to LSU country, is like riding around with a bulls eye on the front of your car. I even asked Wayne that morning before I left if he thought I should take it off my car. Do you know what he said? He said "Drive it proud, Baby!" And I have to say that all the Tiger fans were on their best behavior. My car didn't get keyed and I only got one dirty look when Leigh and I stopped for ice cream before leaving town. Whew!

And I also have to say that I don't like Garmin's. They always seem to take you on the back roads to where you really want to go. Let's just say that we saw a glimpse of Baton Rouge from the "wrong side of the tracks." And then! On the way home, it took us nearly the same way but parallel to the interstate that we really would have much rather been driving on. So I turned. Got on I-110 and we made it home safely.

Who says two outa town girls can't survive Tiger Country?

6 comments:

  1. Oh that is so cool! We should have a big girls blogger weekend sometime and go see Beth Moore.

    I know whatcha mean about BR. Although I am a tame Tiger fan, one year after Ole Miss beat us in BR I passed an Ole Miss Cadillac and someone spray painted the headlights purple and gold. That is so terrible!

    And I know what you mean about Baton Rouge - I think I've been in that same area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Jenna's blog. Glad you girls made it out okay..HA!! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I just saw this! I am on my way to the airport to fly North--so sad! Thanks for making my time down South so delightful! I had a ball with you and Leigh and agree, it feels like we have known each other forever, my sweet Southern sister!

    P.S. What did you and Leigh think of The Royal Standard? Did you buy anything for the house?! What else did y'all do before heading back home? I am glad you had a safe return trip, crazy Nav and all!

    P.P.S. Check my blog soon for my post on our fun meet-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so much fun! I would love to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! Your family is adorable and I love your blog design. I anticipate a friendship developing, esp. since we both have a little princess living under our roof. Please stop back by my blog and visit often. I will do the same! Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM SO JEALOUS! Yeah. That's me hollaring all the way from GA! I know y'all had fun. Did y'all talk about me? :)

    ReplyDelete