Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Cheer Etiquette

So last night I got to cheer practice a few minutes early just in time to hear Coach A giving her shpill to a group of 4, 5, & 6 year olds about “cheerleader etiquette.” Here goes:

1. Be respectful to your fellow teammates.
2. Be respectful to your Coach.
3. Don’t say, “I’m tired.”
4. Don’t ask, “When is it time to go home?”
5. Always do your best.
6. Act like a cheerleader.

I couldn’t help but laugh!

So all the way home, I badgered Alise to find out if she was the reason Coach A had to give her little pep talk. She said, “no,” and kept trying to change the subject in order to tell me that E had stepped on her and left her shoe mark on Alise’s leg. Good grief. And then she wanted to know why I didn’t bring her an icee after practice and could E come to our house to play.

I can tell that they’ve been hard at it, though, because at the end of every practice, Alise’s hair is falling out of her pony tail. I’m pretty sure they are doing a lot of tumbling now and working on their back hand springs. The actual cheer routine won’t start until the Fall. Practices are closed, which means that moms can’t stay (and believe me, that was a tough one!), but hopefully by the end of the summer, they’ll do an exhibition for us. I told Alise that being a cheerleader is hard work and she just had to suck it up. That went in one ear and out the other, I’m sure.

I met S at the house late last night to talk about what has become our new focus: the bathroom cabinets and countertops. If you remember, S is a friend that’s helping me with ideas, paint colors, decorating, etc. Basically, I’m paying her a nominal fee to do my running around on occasion and don’t judge me, it’s worth it. So by 8:30, I had calmed down enough (and stopped hyperventilating) to make a final decision on what I wanted. I just needed S’s confirmation. So by 10 o’clock, I was back home, happy as a lark, and ready to go head-to-head with our carpenter at 7:30 this morning.

I wasn’t at the cabinet shop two minutes before I was told that what I wanted to do couldn’t be done. I knew I could compromise: keep the one sink vs. the two I wanted, leave the cabinet stain the way it is or rip everything out because for the umpteenth time in a 24 hour period I was told that painted oak cabinets just don’t jive (I think Wayne and our builder have a conspiracy against me). So….we’re ripping everything out and going totally new. My biggest beef with the cabinets/vanity is that it is too low. I want a higher sink space. And by golly, I guess it’s going to happen.

The only bit of good news we got yesterday was that the cost for the granite countertops in the kitchen came back very reasonable and we’re pushing forward with that. The black sink I had picked out did not get good reviews and I’m simply tired of looking so we’re going with stainless. And I still have to find a new cooktop. They need to know the dimensions of those two things in order to cut the holes.

OH! And guess who left a voice message for Wayne this afternoon?? Our contractor!! He's actually planning on being at the Rammer Jammer Residence tomorrow morning! I'm hoping he'll be done by the end of the week. That would just be awesome!

3 comments:

  1. I hope everything comes together for you at the house. I know it can be so frustrating. There are so many decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a lot going on! I can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping for some pictures of your little cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete