Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Lots of Info

I love it when bloggers post about other blogs they've found or interesting posts that they've read, so I think I'm going to start adding a little bit of that here from time to time. Hopefully, you'll find a new favorite in the mix of things.

Check out the history of the pineapple here. I thought this post was very interesting and I vowed to do more pineapple decorating myself! Who doesn't want to pass on a little hospitality?

This is one of my favorite new cooking blogs! Cookbook Queen is around my age and her humor and "nostalgia" - if you will - totally crack me up at times! Check out this neat idea for your next cupcake party! I can't wait to make them!!

And for all my favorite mommy bloggers that want to help their children read or just to stay brushed up on their school skills during the summer, please visit this great site! Ms. L suggested this to me at our last parent/teacher conference and I am so ashamed that I didn't go here sooner! Such wonderful games to play!! Alise loves it!

I am in LOVE with The Chocolate Zebra! Check out her blog and find out why!

Great blog memes going on here and here. Memes are a great way to pick up new readers to your blog. And another GREAT place to meet new bloggers is Southern Mommas. I love this site because you can make friends with bloggers right in your home state and join really fun groups (see the left side of the site). "Pineapple Pinache" was added this week and that means shopping! Check it out and tell me what you think!

And last but not least, check out this blog for WONDERFUL birthday parties and just a smorge board of par-tay ideas! I mean look at all these 4th of July collages!! She's a Louisiana girl at heart and I especially love that!

I think this is a good time to say that Google Reader has done something with some of my favorite blogs! They've disappeared! WTHeck!? Anybody else having that problem? So, anyway, if you haven't heard from me in a while, chances are, that's the problemo. And then there's the problemo of remodeling a new house, so I haven't been too high on my game about leaving comments lately, anyway. How is it that my reader can go from zero to 40 in say, an 8 hour period? Good grief! You Girlies ROCK!!

Someone asked me if I had bought anything new off Etsy and the answer is no, I haven't. It seems like ever since Alise's birthday party was over and we signed on the new house, all I've done is surf the internet for pictures and ideas of how to decorate. But if you've bought anything new recently or want to share a great "store," email me and I'll be sure to check it out and share it.

Another reader asked if we are doing all the renovation work ourselves and the answer to that is no, not exactly. Well, sorta kinda. Right now, we have hired a contractor to do the load bearing beam and arch work between the kitchen and living room (the wall we knocked out). We have hired a friend to building the island and do some other built-in work and we have another friend who is going to do the flooring for us. Pretty much everything else, Wayne is doing...like painting, molding, that kind of thing. Wayne did the wall tear out and closed in my woman cave area under the garage. And just like they say on TV, you can save yourselves beau coup dollars by doing alot of things yourself!

Someone wanted to know if I would be selling anymore of Alise's clothes here on my blog. Yes, I will be. Our next Munchkin Market is scheduled for August 4th-7th for all you local Gals so be sure to check it out. In the meantime, I'll try to post some of her things next month after I have a chance to go through her Fall and Winter items!

Thanks for all your questions! I love answering them!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing some of your favorite blog sites. I love just dropping in on other bloggers. They give me such great ideas. I have visited some of the blogs. I'll be sure to check out the school tool website, you'll have to check out the ones I listed on my blog a few days ago. I love the collages and I think I'm going to post more of them instead of using Smile.com so much.

    Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I think I might want to do Munchkin Market. You will have to give me some details and tell me how to price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is going to keep me busy exploring all of these great links. Thanks for sharing! It is always fun to find new cool sites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I may have to borrow your idea as it is a great one! I see such fun stuff all the time and want to pass it on. Love what you've shown here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize how long it had been since I read blogs. I had a lot of catching up to do with you. thanks for sharing the cupcake idea. Isn't it great? I can hardly wait to do it.

    Your house is coming along pretty well, isn't it? When do you plan to be in?

    Hope you have a great week and get tons accomplished.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, especially the learning site.

    ReplyDelete