Thursday, June 10, 2010

Giddy Up!

I made the mistake of showing Alise a silver sparkly cowgirl hat in Gymboree a few weeks ago. She fell in love with it and begged to have it for Fall pep rallies and Cowboy Day at school. But there was no way I was spending $20 on a cowgirl hat! I told her that if it went on sale, I might by it.

On Sunday night, she went to VBS with my secretary at her church and the theme is related to cowboys so when she got home that night, she asked me if the hat was on sale yet? I got online and sure enough, it was. But then she saw the silver sparkly boots and begged for those, too, but I informed her I wasn’t buying those (but I probably would have bought the whole freakin outfit and called it her Halloween costume if it came in her school colors instead of just red! The outfit is just so stinkin' cute!)! Every day she’s asked me if her cowgirl hat has arrived. Little does she know I just ordered the silly thing yesterday along with some other great deals Gymboree has going on. Be sure to check it out!

Alise and Brooklyn went to VBS with my mom last week and in the afternoons they went swimming. I forgot to post these pics. I can’t believe how braver Alise is getting around water! She actually got off the steps and even put her face in the water. Little does she know, I’ve already registered her for swimming lessons at daycare. They start June 21st. She’s probably going to hate me those 8 days, but oh, well. She’ll get over it. She’ll be thanking me when she can go swimming with her friends when she’s older.

They were pretending to be sharks in this picture.

Yesterday, I gave you the link to "The Chocolate Zebra," but find out here how she got the name for her blog! Very neat!

And this post made me cry! It comes from one of my new favorite blogs! She's an awesome writer!

Have a GREAT weekend! Meet you back here next week!

7 comments:

  1. I've been involved in VBS at two different churches for the past two weeks. I love the theme this year. She is going to love wearing her cowgirl get-up and singing all the fun songs. Love the hat and the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie can't hardly wait for her swimming lessons. She loves them! They'll begin in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear how the swimming lessons go. I hope things are going well with your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious cowgirl outfit and your're right, there's always multiple occasions!

    Just send Alise to TX with Kennedy and Morgan for a few days and she'll be swimming when she comes home! :) My girls are both crazy and fearless. Kennedy is 2 and jumps off the diving board (with floaties). Morgan is 5 and has been swimming for a few years! I really don't know if it's good or bad! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our VBS had the same theme a few years ago. I volunteered and of course I had to have a cowboy hat and only once in a lifetime do you get the opportunity to wear red cowboy boots with shorts!!

    And a huge thanks for the shout out. I am honored and touched.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shark picture! It is so funny and reminds me of all those fun pool games I used to play when I was little.

    That cowboy hat will be perfect for Pep Rally's and such.

    ReplyDelete