Monday, June 21, 2010

Daddy's Day Off

Daddy really didn't get a day off.

I just heard that phrase on HGTV Saturday night and it stuck.

But it's not because Alise and I didn't beg Wayne to take the day off. He just can't seem to sit still lately and is determined to continue working on the house. This weekend, he got the bathroom cabinets tore out, took the green kitchen countertops off (sliced his hands to pieces) and made lots and lots of trips to Home Depot. I also want to give a special shout out to my nephew for putting in the living room lighting this weekend! Thank you, Chad! I am SO proud of them!

Alise came running into the living room Saturday morning.

Alise: Where is Papaw's card?
Me: In my purse.
Alise: Ok. I just didn't want to loose it. Is tomorrow Father's Day?
Me: Yes.
Alise: When is Daughter's Day?

I nearly blew cereal through my nose!

I wanted to say, "EVERY DAY is "Daughter's Day" in your world, Sista!"

Here's proof:

Yes, dear blog readers, I. have. lost. my. mind. My southern divabelle got her first Vera Bradley this weekend. And it has not moved from her hip all weekend! She thinks she's something carrying a pack of gum around in that itty bitty thing and keeps asking me when I'm going to give her a debit card. I may have temporarily lost my mind, but I'm not stupid.
On Saturday morning, I took Alise and EC to see "Toy Story 3." The girls had a ball and loved the movie! It was really cute but I did cry at the end.
On Sunday, I woke up with a migraine so we didn't make it to church. I felt bad on top of my headache for ruining Wayne's day so I managed to muster some strength and we went out for lunch at a favorite local gourmet pizza restaurant. The food was so good that my headache faded a little, but as soon as we walked back outside and got in the truck, it came back and I got nauseous. I OD'd on Excedrin and went back to bed for the third time. When I woke up, I was finally headache-free so Alise and I made chocolate chip cookies for Wayne that afternoon.


Happy Father's Day to the best Father in the world!
Your Girls Love You!!

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a nice Daddy's day (well, minus the headache). Any news on the potential buyer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband worked hard on Father's Day too. I thought he would take the day to do something he liked, but instead he said he wanted to get some home improvement projects done. We went out for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Father's Day Wayne! Sorry, Laura that you were not yourself on your man's big day. I'm sure you'll make it up to him one day. I love the "Daughter's Day" that sounds so much like Katie. She feels everything revolves around her, which it does.

    I love Vera Bradley! I don't think your crazy, it just means your raising her right. HAHA! She's got good taste too 'cause I like her pink purse. I'll make sure not to show it to Katie or she'll feel that she needs one as well. LOL!

    Katie would not stop talking about "Toy Story 3". She loved it! Now, she's aggravating us about when it will come out on DVD. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed your whole remodeling story - trying to catch up! Love the Vera Bradley and Alise has gotten so tall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment on my blog! So sorry you didn't feel well yesterday! Hope you feel better today! Your daughter is such a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the little bag! Squeal!!!! I so want a girl! When are we getting together so you can see this huge baby belly of mine? ;)

    Sorry you weren't well yesterday. I ventured out and almost passed out twice it was so hot. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Father's Day, Wayne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Southern Divabelle! I know a few of those myself. The house looks great! Love the arches. It will be over before you know it. Hang it there.

    We started a VB pattern for Sass when she was born, then they discontinued it a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carter is always asking when it will be kid's day. My response is the same as yours to Alise. What more could they possibly want?!?!?!

    I am glad that I am not the only one that cried during Toy Story 3.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We "migraine mamas" certainly do know how to rise to the occasion. We are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How precious! You all had a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that...when is Daughter's Day?! My mom probably would've replied, "Why Daughter's Day is everyday!"

    Have a great week, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mattie Claire declared the day after mother's day as Daughter's Day. We just go with it:)

    ReplyDelete