Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Wardrobe Changes

Sunday
Yesterday

Today

On Saturday, Aunt Misty braided Alise's hair. She thought she was HAWT! Well, as HAWT can be for a four year old going on five. Or is that thirteen? So Sunday morning when I picked her up from my parent's house, I was surprised to find the braids down and this darling wavey blonde hair! Oh-so close to the curly blonde hair that I just knew she would come out with at birth. Didn't happen. So, anyway. There's a pic of Alise with "curly hair" or as good as it gets until she discovers velcro rollers!

On the way home from dance Monday night, Alise discovered her daddy's radio from the Alabama games. You know? The kind that your husband puts in the ear closest to you at the home games so he can't hear you screaming and hollering like a maniac? Yeah, well. I say "discover" because actually the darn thing has been in the door on the drivers' side since the Bama V. LSWho game last fall. Alise has been without her car seat this week and has been buckling up on the opposite side so she found it. I say all of this to tell you that once she found the radio, she was on a mission to dress in Bama attire. And since the next day was P.E., I caved and let her wear the Bama t-shirt and jean shorts.

Let me just say this for the record: I am not a "t-shirt and jeans" mom!

So imagine my surprise this morning when Alise finally agreed to wear her smocked Mermaid outfit to school. I've only been trying to get her to wear it for - oh - maybe the last month. Before she outgrows it and all. So when she came in the living room, I wanted to cry! She even had a bow in her hair. Okay, it was a headband, too, but that's not the point! I felt like I had my sweet Baby Girl back! So, of course, I had to take a picture!

9 comments:

  1. When you're ready to get rid of that Mermaid outfit - I WANT IT!!!! It is too cute. I prefer the smocked outfits over the jeans and t-shirts too. But right now, SM is so active I have to dress her down most of the time so that she doesn't ruin her pretty clothes. "A" is cute no matter what she chooses to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Alise's outfit! Smocked things are so precious! MK wants to wear skirts everyday. I found some with shorts built in at Belk. They have been spending so much time outside, I wish she would just wear shorts and a t-shirt. Nope I have a girly girl! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! neither of mine are girly girls...i'm not complaining though...they take after me!

    we've made it nearly 6 years without one smocked thing. awful, i know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that first pic and thought she must be getting that naturally curly hair like her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are great! Alise is such a cutie! We have let Carter start picking out his clothes to make the mornings go a little better. (unless we have something going on that he needs to dress nicer for) It is the hardest thing...he always wants to wear the same things. Then on the occassions where it is his idea for me to pick his clothes I get giddy because I have have him wear something preppy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alise is such a doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love little naturally curly hair and always wanted it... we all have stick straight hair. Morgan is the same way... she knows what she wants to wear and she wears it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel your pain. Mine is on a smocked-strike, and my heart is breaking!! We are on a mission to find "compromise" clothes--clothes wannabe hoochie and I agree on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful little girl! And don't you love when they'll wear (with a smile and no whining) what YOU want them to wear?!?!?! LOL

    ReplyDelete