Monday, May 17, 2010

The Party's Over!

When I finally closed the car door to leave the Children's Museum and heard from the back seat, "Mommie, that was the best birthday party ever!!" I knew all the planning, money and sweat was worth it. But, boy, was I exhausted!!

Alise's 5th birthday party was the biggest ever! So much so, that I had to ask the museum helpers to add another table and I was sweating the number of ice cream cups I had bought. I'm sure most of you are like me when you're planning your child's birthday party. You just want people to show up! It's not about the gifts. It's about having her family and friends there to celebrate your child's special day! So when friends and family kept coming through the door, I made a point to pull Alise aside and whisper in her ear, "Do you see all these friends here at your party? They're here because they love you!"Family



Friends
Family
Old Friends
New Friends


Family
Friends (I love A's outfit!)
Old Friends
Boy Friends!

It was a GREAT party!!

11 comments:

  1. The party looks like it was so much fun...and that cake is FABULOUS!!!!

    Happy Birthday Alise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LO(VE the cake...very cool...I can tell how much work you put into the party..I am sure she had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cake! Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww... it looks like everyone had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cake! What a cute idea! The idea to have the party in a children't museum is wonderful. I know she was thrilled to see friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry don't know what children't is. You know I meant to say children's girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great party and great pics. The cake is amazing.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cake it is very cute! It sure looks like a very fun birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sent an answer to your question to your twitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great party! The cake turned out great and everything is so colorful. Happy Birthday to Alise!

    I am really slacking on Carter's Birthday party this year...I really need to kick it in gear and get organized.

    ReplyDelete