Thursday, May 27, 2010

More Inspiration

We close on our new home tomorrow. The word excitement is a big understatement.

As soon as we have our family portrait made on Friday morning.

Outside.

In the humidity.

And possible rain.

Wayne and his crew will begin work. The first thing he'll be working on is the tearing out of the wall that currently divides the kitchen and living room. He'll tear out everything down to the studs so that our contractor can begin work on the eyebrow arch and columns on Tuesday. If all goes well, the arch way could be complete by the end of the week. As soon as the floors are complete and painting has been done, we plan to move in. We may not have our new furniture yet, but we'll have a new home.

We put our current house up for sale yesterday.

Our realtor put me in touch with a great person that knows a whole heckuva lot about decorating in the newest designs. She and her husband are currently remodeling a house also and she has agreed to help me decorate my new home by giving me ideas and basically just telling me what looks good and what doesn't. I love her sense of style - although her taste is a little different than mine - but I love that she can "see things" where I am absolutely clueless. S has been a big help with reassuring me about the eyebrow arch and columns idea I had. Right now, she is helping me to design the island in the kitchen and also picking out paint samples. You'll be hearing lots more about S.


Here are some pictures - in no particular order. Just some things that I wanted to be able to put my finger on and say, "I like that."This was another inspiration picture that I never posted before simply because the dresses are a complete turn off to me when I'm thinking kitchen and living rooms. But these are the colors that I want to go with: celery, coral (probably not as "pink" as the dress above), linen, and taupe.I like this light over the island, but I'm not sure if I like the three lights "grouped" together or just three individual lights. What do you think?
This is a picture of an eyebrow arch sorta kinda.
These were the columns that I had originally wanted to go with, but Wayne shot down that idea because of electrical outlet placings. Now the columns will be rounded and made out of sheet rock.
Another glimpse at the color scheme.
Getting a little closer to what our arch way will look like. We won't have the walls under the columns, but the arch is similar to what we have planned.
Love, love, love this island. However, my checkbook doesn't. The edging in the granite is very costly and the more "cutouts" and designs you have increases the price also. But I am game about the color. The kitchen cabinets are about the color of mine (I've decided not to stain them) and every where I've looked, the kitchen islands are always a different color than the cabinets. S has suggested I go in either a white island or a linen one. I love the linen look the best.
S also suggested this idea. She said this is what she is doing in her master bath and I really like the idea of having a cabinet space between the two sinks to divide the vanity areas. What do you think?
This is probably more along the lines of what our archway design will look like.
More cabinets between vanities.
Okay. I realize we haven't bought the Taj Mahal, but I love this arch way. It's just different. Gotta have tall ceilings for something like this and tall ceilings are something that we do not have in this house. But I'm not stressing about it.

I know I have not included any pictures of the house yet, but I plan to as soon as renovation begins. Which is next week so stay tuned!

Note to self: more pictures here and here.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that kitchen pic makes me want to renovate; it is beautiful! I have cabinets between my sinks in bathroom. I could not live without that space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys! I LOVE all your ideas and pictures and colors...it is going to be BEAUTIFUL! Can I come visit? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I owe you a super big thank you! Got a new follower that I am sure is thanks to you, and Mrs. L is already working on placing some birthday gift orders from me. I will have to send Alise a little something as a thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those arches and your color scheme! Can't wait to see your house pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to watch your work in progress. You have great taste and I just now your new home is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so exciting !!! I am with S on the cabinets b/w the sinks -I would love to have that. Everything you have picked out looks great:) keep us posted and have a wonderful memeorial day weekend

    ReplyDelete