Monday, May 24, 2010

Last Day of School

I'm a crier. I always have been. And Alise's Pre-K4 end of the year program this morning was no exception. I can't believe how fast this year has gone and how much Alise has grown! It seems like yesterday that we were pulling up to the school on a hot Sunday afternoon in August for Pre-K4 orientation. And now there are only two days left and the year will be over.

My baby is kindegarten-bound!

Here she is on the first day of school. OMG!! She looks like such a baby!!! But don't tell her I said that! We joked that her book bag was as big as she was!
And here she is this morning! Bright-eyed and bushy tailed. NOT! We stayed out too late last night and she wasn't happy about getting up and going to school.





Can you see the tears in my eyes?

6 comments:

  1. You're a goner, Laura! She'll have so many firsts and lasts that you won't know what hit you. Always carry tissues!

    How excited is she to go to kindergarten?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big girl! It seems like you blink and they grow! My Momma always said so about me but now I really understand what she meant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahhhhh!!! Your doula is bawling right along with you! I told Matthew how big Alise was and he was like WHAT!!!????

    My oh my, life just carries on...

    Hug her for me, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you both look so cute. I love Alise's dress.

    These years go fast. I'm so pleased to see how much you are enjoying them.

    ~hippo hugs~

    What does she do for the summer? Do you have a sitter or does she go to day care?
    P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I am crying with you. It can't be possible that she is going to Kindergarten. She has grown so much this year.

    ReplyDelete