Wednesday, May 19, 2010

House News

Are you ready for some house news?

Our appraisal came through last week and we are very pleased with the results. We ran into a little snag because of the “mother-in-law suite” (Oh! Did I not mention that we had a MIL suite?!). According to the new Obama guidelines, any dwelling with a living/bedroom area and kitchen is considered a residence and the way our contract was written up, we were only purchasing one residence. But the loan underwriter and appraiser were very gracious and worked with us so all is well there.

The sewer inspection came back and everything is fine. The seller is paying to have the tank replaced on the MIL suite.

We are set to close one day next week. We are hoping to do it Friday, the 28th because Wayne and I are both planning to be off that day for a long weekend. That means, remodeling can begin on June 1st and I can officially begin ordering furniture (I know for a fact that it will take a month to get our bedroom furniture in). Wayne has a meeting with the contractor this week. We’re not planning on being officially moved in until the middle of July. And that’s with a lot of prayer because you know as well as I do that it always takes longer than you expect it to.

I found this picture that I wanted to post here more for me than anything else. This is the concept we’re going with. Right now, there is a wall in the house where the columns are in this picture and that’s the wall that we’re planning on tearing out. However, it is a load bearing wall, so it’s kinda tricky. But having said that, look how open and flowing everything is! I just love it! Our ceilings are lower and the fireplace is on the opposite wall, but the concept is still the same. Now imagine everything in shades of coral, celery, yellow and off white.
Tell me what you think!

12 comments:

  1. Still love, love, love that bottom one and those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that yall are moving into a new house!! I love that floor plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it will be great! Love what you are going for and I can't wait to see the results!!! Hope everything goes smoothly for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to see pictures when you're finished! You'll have to do a video tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will look fabulous! Love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to post some pictures of your new house! You're killin me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like it will be beautiful! You have found some great inspiration in those pictures! I can't wait to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color combo! It's very traditional and classic. It won't be colors that go out of style either. And the opening up of the floor plan is a great idea! The columns are a good choice. You'll probalby be surprised at how much bigger it will make the room feel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors!!! I can't wait to see pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! I'm am SO excited for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you will love it.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that bottom picture... And I just realized that my colors in the Great Room are just about the same!

    ReplyDelete