Thursday, April 08, 2010

Things You Hear On A T-Ball Field

From the mouth of babes....

Or at least a girls 4 to 5 year old t-ball team!

"Moma, I'm hot!"

"Moma, I'm thirsty!"

"I gotta go to the bathroom!"

"Jordan!! Don't hit the ball so hard!"

"When is it going to be MY turn to bat?"

"Let's build a sand castle in the dirt today!!"

"Look at my new shoes, Coach! They're pink! My favorite color!!"

"My mom says she needs a schedule so she can plan my birthday party!" Yes, that would be my child!

"What are the cops doing here??"

"Somebody tell the boys to get off our field! They stink!!"

And my absolute FAVORITE comment:

"When we have a real game, will there be hotdogs??!!"

Love it!

Our REAL games start next Saturday, April 17th. We have three - count 'em, THREE - games that day! By that time, I WILL be needing a hotdog (and I don't even like hotdogs!)!!

P.S. Our Coach is from Tuscaloosa. How awesome is that?

12 comments:

  1. Wait till you read what Bo said!

    I can't believe y'all have to play 3 games in 1 day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hysterical! I would probably need 2 hotdogs. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that is so funny! I love hearing what Kids say!

    Thank you sooo very much for the encouragement! and I do love that verse- helps me to remember that even though I don't know what I'll be doing in the next year- HE certainly does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three games in one day...I would be crazy by the end of that!

    Have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little girls are SO funny - I particularly love the idea to build a sand castle. Who wouldn't rather be at the beach?? Stopped by from Southern Mommas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just started baseball last night, so we are in the "swing" of things too. It's a good way to be outside this spring, but I think three games in one day would do me in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very funny stuff! thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny! 3 games in one day for 4-5 year olds?!?!?! Who made that schedule? When Carter played last year we were doing good if all the kids were still wanting to play at the end of the first game...I think the incentive was the treats they got at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great that you live in a big enough area to have girls and boys teams. I'm pretty sure my t-ball team was co-ed.

    ReplyDelete