Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Special Mommie-Daughter Moment

Our church is in the process of building a new children's wing. This past Sunday our pastor asked church members to walk around the newly studded building and pray for God's blessing. We were also suppose to write Bible verses on the steel studs. I decided to take Alise with me to show her the new building that she would be attending Sunday School in. I wrote my life verse, Jeremiah 29:11, and then Alise insisted on writing her name, so I let her.

Then she wanted to draw a heart. So I let her.

Then she wanted to put a smiley face on the heart. And I let her.

And then she wanted to draw a peace sign and that's when I decided it would be a good time to pray. {Ahem!}
So then we went to lunch and ran into a fire truck parked outside the restaurant. Of course, I had to snap a picture. Have I mentioned lately how much I love having a camera in my purse at all times? Like I always say: "It didn't happen unless there's a picture to prove it!"
Then Sunday afternoon, we went house hunting with our Realtor who was baby-sitting her grandpup, Tucker. Alise fell in love!! So you can imagine what the topic has been around our house all week!

10 comments:

  1. The peace sign part really made me lol! Cute pics :) DON'T give in to the dog. It will be the worst decision you ever made. Your realtor owes you a major discount now, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to pray about the building and put verses or peace signs on it! That is priceless Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did something similar when we were building our church. Katie wasn't even a twinkle in our eyes yet, but it was a spiritual moving experience.

    As you know, Katie's been talking puppy for a year now. The stuffed animals worked for awhile. So far since the Easter bunny gave Katie a Furreal Kitty "Lulu," she stopped talking puppy for now. She takes her kitten every where. She loves to show people what her Lulu can do. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Alise needs a dog :) Look how cute Reese is!

    You guys are too cute for words!

    BTW...can you teach people how to send swap packages? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. exciting about the new children's wing and what a great idea to pray and write verses on the wall! House hunting? that sounds fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you find the perfect home! :) And oh no, she wants a puppy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeremiah 29:11 is my daughter, Gretchen's, life verse too. You are such a smart momma to pray with her.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would fall in love with that puppy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's hilarious (the peace sign)! Cute pictures! I always carry my camera with me too, just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like someone wants a puppy now! What a cute dog. :)

    ReplyDelete