Sunday, April 18, 2010

Going to the Chapel

Last Friday, the Pre-K4 classes at Alise's school had a wedding in honor of the Letters Q and U. Since those two letters are nearly always together in the spelling of words (like quarter and quilt), Mrs. L and Mrs H had a great idea to have a wedding ceremony and let the classes participate. It was so much fun!And here she is! The wedding cake! Isn't it fantastic? My friend, Cyndi, made it (the one who makes all of Alise's birthday cakes) and she did an awesome job! Everyone commented on how beautiful it was!
The girls were bridesmaids and the boys were groomsmen. Here is Alise walking down the "aisle" with W. See how she is just smiling away? I told you he was the heart throb! Ha!
And this is Miss Q and Mr. U walking down the aisle. Our school quarterback and homecoming queen filled in as the bride and groom. They were so sweet and so nice to the kids.
Our headmaster was the pastor. He is SOOOO funny!
Does this bridesmaid look a little perturbed or what?? Someone must be messin' with her man!
This is my friend, Cyndi. She was such a pro! She even delivered the cake to the school because it wouldn't fit in our ice chest. She was dying to see the wedding and stayed long enough to cut the cake and make sure that everyone got a piece. The top layer was chocolate chip; second layer was triple chocolate fudge (my personal favorite) and the third layer was confetti. Everyone loved it!
Bride and Groom cutting the cake.
Some sassy bridesmaids. Notice what color Alise is wearing. I bought her a dress specifically for the wedding - she was with me when I bought it - and she refused to wear it. All she wants to wear is that black polka dot sundress!
The wedding party!
Alise with Miss Q and Mr. U!

11 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea!! Q & U getting hitched!! Alise is gorgeous, as usual!! I love the cake; Cyndi is just awesome. Can't wait for Josh's bday so I can try the chocolate....I'm talking him into it! (Maybe I can bribe him)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! Alise is so cute. I am glad I am not alone in raising a strong willed girl who knows what she likes. The cake looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooo cute!! My elementary school has a QU wedding too! but I don't think we had a wedding cake- we missed out! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I love it!!!! Very cute, those children will NEVER forget that Q and U like to stay together QU! HEE HEE What a delightful lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW FUN!!! I have never heard of such, but what a great idea! :) Love all the pics. Little Miss Alise is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! I've been wondering what all of your tweets have been about lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet idea. Great pics. The cake is fabo.

    When I was in kindergarten I thought the l-m-n-o-p were one letter Alamana-P.

    Love this post.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is about the CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN! I must pass this on to the 5K teachers at my school.

    Also, now I know what those tweets about a wedding cake were all about! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea/activity! That cake looks so good. I am glad that Alise got to walk down with her crush...she looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun idea! I am definitely going to have to remember this when I start teaching!

    ReplyDelete