Wednesday, March 31, 2010

School Easter Egg Hunt

Warning: Lots of pics. And since I know that several mommies and daddies from Alise's class like to check out our blog, I decided not to identify any of the children, but instead show you their beautiful faces because they are all Alise's sweet school friends.

I mentioned in previous posts that Mrs. L had the great idea of hosting our Easter Egg hunt off campus and since our church was right down the road - complete with lots of hunting space and playground - I suggested that we go there. The kids had an absolute blast!! I'm not sure who was more tired!...me or them?! We hunted eggs, played games and the kiddies played on the playground. It was a gorgeous day...a little windy...but gorgeous just the same!

I had the idea of creating an egg toss game, but I got busy with work (really busy) and procrastinated (something that I nevah do...) so I was up painting until 10:00 Tuesday night. My little decorating didn't turn out quite like I had hoped, but it was good enough for the kiddies. They loved the game! I even had a prize bag and they got to pick their very own prize.

I also made Easter cookies using some great Spring cookies cutters that my BFF Leigh gave me for my birthday, but I didn't have time to decorate them like I really wanted to. Pink icing was as good as it got.
Alise's class. They were SO excited about hunting eggs. Ms. L said that she had to keep them busy that morning because they were so hyper. I know Alise talked non-stop all morning before we left for school and that usually means she is very excited. Another mom and I hid 175 eggs. And all the excitement was over in five minutes! I couldn't believe that those kids found all those eggs so quickly!






We celebrated T's birthday today, too! His mom brought LSU cupcakes (see below) and the girls' goodie bags had LSU tattoos in them. I don't like tattoos and Alise drove me absolutely NUTS about putting them on; even to the point that she said she wanted to make her daddy mad by putting them on. I wouldn't let her. Wayne thanked me later.
So glad that EC let me take her picture! She normally avoids my camera like the plague.

Here are our friends, the M's. Love, love, love the M's. And their son, W, is the heartthrob among the girls in the classroom.


Love me some A!! He is the funniest little boy ever!


Look at those girls posing.

And here is W. He is such a cutie!




Loved the kids putting their faces through the egg holes!

Okay, the egg relay idea totally didn't go over well. I guess 4 and 5 year olds just aren't ready for relays. But it was so cute and funny because the kiddos didn't understand that they needed to hold on to the spoon and not the egg and the spoon. Don't ask me who won that one!

I had so much fun today and I am so thankful that even in my busy season at work that I have a boss that allows me time away to spend time with my daughter and be with her during some fun times (Even if I do have to work late to make up some time).

10 comments:

  1. Looks like tons of fun! Although I love being a SAHM, I miss those fun days as a teacher celebrating various holidays with the kids. Okay so what is your recipe for the icing on the cookies? Every time I try to ice cookies the icing never sticks and looks horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Love their little faces in the egg cutouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like y'all had a great time! Loved the pictures. Good job mama! Sorry we couldn't meet y'all in T-town tomorrow. It's just been crazy around here this week. I take Colton for his check up here in a little bit and then off to Jon's game. Tomorrow is Katie's school assessment and then this mama is back in the kitchen to make goodies for Sunday.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Easter egg hunt! And the cookies are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Egg Toss Game! You are so creative!! The cookies were so cute!

    You did really good room mom!! And what a great picture of the M's!! I love them too! B was my favorite student when he came through the hospital way back when!!

    A looks sooo happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like such a fun day! I love all the pictures!

    I am so unprepared for Easter it is not even funny. I thought I had so much time. I have all my stuff bought I just need to get it sorted out.

    Your eggs are so cute and that picture with the girls sticking their faces through the holes is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like so much fun! The pictures are great! The egg cutouts are adorable. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! Those days are precious... just as those little children's faces! What cuties...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post. It is soooo spring. I think you did a great job with the cutout. The eggs are sweet.

    BTW, I saw your Easter dress in the Dillard's ad yesterday. 40% off. I'm sure you didn't want to hear that.

    I have only dark things to wear here with me. I think I'll run to Kohl's later today. Jim will not like that.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love the way they put their faces in the egg holes on the egg toss game. That was way cute and worth your effort IMO!!!!

    ReplyDelete