Monday, March 22, 2010

It's Crawfish Time!!!

On Saturday night, I tried a new recipe from this cookbook and it was so wonderful that I thought I would share it. I'm sure all my Louisiana friends will appreciate it, but those of you that live in places where crawfish aren't readily available could substitute shrimp instead. Enjoy!


Louisiana Crawfish Bake


1 bell pepper, chopped

1 bunch green onions

1/2 c. (1 stick) butter or margarine

1 (10 oz) can mild tomatoes with green chilies

1 (10 oz) can French onion soup

1 (10 oz) can golden mushroom soup

1 cup uncooked rice

1 pound crawfish tails


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute bellpepper and green onions in butter in skillet until soft. Add tomatoes with green chiles, French onion soup, golden mushroom soup, rice and crawfish tails and mix well. Spoon into a 9X13 inch baking dish. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until the rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Serves 6.

For a yummy Crawfish Etouffee recipe, go here!

Happy Mud Bug Season!!

11 comments:

  1. I usually don't eat crawfish but its because I don't enjoy the whole peeling, sucking, mess of it all. Crawfish tails I can deal with! Where do you buy yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummy! What time we eatin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAN that makes me hungry! We are having a crawfish boil at the end of April and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm, can you say Yummo!!! I love crawfish in all it's many forms! Right now its almost $6 a pound (Yikes) so I'll have to wait before I eat any of the hot boiled kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, can't wait! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess, shrimp it is. Also, just caught up with some past posts. Sorry work has been a hassle. I'm with you about growing up. We have some "stuff" going on at church and that's what I want to say. "Put on your big girl panties, and suck it up." Forgive me for venting here, but pettiness and immaturity really bug me.

    As for you, big

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone in my house has shellfish allergy, except for me, but I bet my mom will LOVE this recipe. I will pass it along--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, B'ham has already announced their annual Crawfish Festival for April 30th and May 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love crawfish and cajun food. I know I would love LA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks delicious! Now I just have to find a place that sells crawfish tails!

    ReplyDelete