Sunday, March 07, 2010

I Stand Corrected

Hello Friends!

First and foremost, apologies to my blog friend, Lori. I said last week, that The Crayon Princess (and yes, I do know her real name, but she doesn't share her real name on her blog, so I don't think it's fair to do so here, either) was my first blogger meeting. I was wrong. Lori and I met last December at our local ballet's production of "Buddy the Elf." And actually it was alot like my meeting with Princess....quick! We exchanged "how do you do's" and that was about it. So, yes, Lori. You were my first! Having said all that, I'm ready for a TRUE blogger meeting! A celebration of finally being able to sit down and have a conversation with someone!

We did not take Alise to see "Alice in Wonderland," nor did we really ever intend to. I thought it was interesting that we all pretty much shared the same views on the movie. But if any of you DID see the movie this weekend, let me know what you thought about it.

Instead, we decided to spend this most gorgeous weekend at the park on Saturday, complete with a picnic! We had a great time playing outside and getting some much needed fresh air and excerise! Alise and I even got a little sunburned, if you can believe that!









I've always been a fan of family time so yesterday nearly made up for the four months that Alise and I were widowed and orphaned during hunting season. Nearly. But not quite. Ha! We love having Daddy hang out with us!

Daddy even surprised Alise by taking her to a nail shop to get her toes and fingernails painted. She was estatic and got laughs from the other customers with her purple toe dividers and lime green paper flip flops. But as soon as we got home, she donned one of the two new pairs of flip flops I got her from Target! She is SO ready for spring and asks me every day if she can wear shorts and/or flip flops. This weekend, I said yes.

Here she is this morning before church in the black and white polka dot dress. She has been driving me crazy about wearing it!!
Again, thanks to my friend, Janna, for finding it for me in Texas! Alise got so many compliments on it at church this morning.

I can't wait to read how awesome YOUR weekend was!!

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture of her in the tube!! So precious!!

    We had a great weekend too! There's oreo ice cream in our freezer! Can you believe we had leftovers??

    Hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the picture of her in the tube!! So precious!!

    We had a great weekend too! There's oreo ice cream in our freezer! Can you believe we had leftovers??

    Hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is so cute. Glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee! I got my nails done yesterday too! See my post...

    Love, love, love your family day. Aren't those the absolute BEST?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks so cute in the dress! Glad she loves it!

    YEAH FOR FAMILY DAYS IN THE PARK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the pictures! It was a great weekend for the south. Lots of sunshine, fun times & laughs.

    I like Alise's dress. I saw it as well, but it was a smaller size. So cute!

    I finally broke down & let Katie wear her flip-flops today as well. She was so happy!

    Hugs & Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks adorable in her polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, I was just joking with you! You didn't have to blog about it! LOL! But I agree our meeting was too rushed! We need to plan a get together!!! Glad y'all got out and enjoyed the weather this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw that dress at Target the other day. Very cute.

    How sweet that W took her to get her nails done! My dad took me to my hair appointment for my junior prom. If he weren't required to sign me out from district music festival, he wouldn't have gone. He was a trooper, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress is absolutely adorable. Worth the effort you had to go through to get it.

    What a great weekend you had.

    Saturday was beautiful here. Today, it has rained all day. In all the time we've been coming here I've never seen it rain like it is right now.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her dress is so precious! It was a beautiful weekend here. The stomach flu hit our house hard Thursday night. We still had the birthday party on Sunday. Then it became my turn to feel bad. I am ready for spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like ya'll had a wonderful weekend! I love Alise's dress, so pretty! Ella is the same way with the shorts/flip flops. She has been wearing shorts inside all winter long and finally on Saturday I was able to tell her "YES" you can wear shorts outside! :) Hope ya have a good week!

    ReplyDelete