Monday, March 29, 2010

Another Weekend Recipe

I had SO. much. fun. playing "Guess What I'm Cooking" on Twitter this past Saturday night!! You girlies are WAAAAAY too funny!! So without further adieu, here is the *spectacular* recipe that I made this weekend! And don't get all "choked up" over the "serve with green salad and French bread" part because I can tell ya that part of the recipe didn't happen!

Barbecue Shrimp

1/4 cup of butter
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons pepper
5 pounds unpeeled shrimp
Hot cooked rice

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Melt butter with olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a baking dish in the oven. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Bake, covered with foil, for 45 to 60 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink, stirring every 15 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice with a green salad and French bread. Serves 10.

Now, before you think we ate $45 of shrimp Saturday night, I must tell you that I split the recipe in half and it worked out perfectly.

Another recipe courtesy of our Junior League cookbook.

9 comments:

  1. Oh yum!! I haven't made this in a while. May have to do it soon now! But I bet I will have to use all the shrimp.....lol Guess I'll wait until Brookshire's puts them on sale.

    You know our movie comes out this week! Let me know when you can go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish, can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... you are killing me!!! I am allergic to shellfish!!! :-( I love me some shrimp though! Wish I could have some! The recipe sounds delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Passed this along to my mom too; I am sure we will hear soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be trying this!! Yummm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting these yummy recipes from all of you... this sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These recipes that you are making make me want to drive to Louisiana to eat with you guys. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds wonderful and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum this looks fantastic, I know my husband will love it ;) thanks for posting the recipe!

    ReplyDelete