Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine Partay!

Just as I was donning my apron Wednesday night, Ms. L called me. Our principal wanted to change our Valentine Party to Thursday due to the "snowy" weather headed our way for Friday. I am so thankful that we have a principal that cares enough to make sure our kiddies didn't miss their party! After Ms. L and I talked, I knew I wouldn't have time to bake and decorate cookies in the same night so I ran to the grocery store and picked up some things for the party.

Alise was SO excited about her Valentine Party and the fact that I was going to come eat lunch with her for the Mom's Valentine Day Luncheon at her school. She woke up this morning with a huge smile on her face.

Here is a picture of me and my mom in the cafeteria that Alise took. The menu for the luncheon was "heart healthy" so we had chicken wraps, fruit salad, and pasta salad. Mom liked the pasta salad so much that she went and asked the cafeteria ladies how to make it! The food was very good. But don't think I wasn't tempted to ask Alise where she was sitting when she dropped that hamburger meat on the floor last week! Ha!

W and his mom
A and her mom
I love this picture of all the moms sitting on the carpet. The children were literally begging us to come sit on the floor with them while they played, "Kiss the Kiss" game.
This is Alise "kissing" the big Hersey Kiss! Ms. L was making sure her eyes were covered.
Isn't that smile just adorable!
EC's grandfather came by for a hug and visit.
Look at this cake Ms. L and EC made for the party! I think they need their very own apron, too! And it was SO good!Ahem. This is Alise and W. She was all over him in this pic. I had to tell her to get off of him! Ha! I told W's mom at the luncheon what a heart throb he was and she just laughed. She said that he just talks and talks about Alise. I bet he does!Look at the Dorito/Red Punch mouth! On her not me!
This pic was at the end of the party and I hate that some of the other little girls had already left to go home. Here is H, S, Alise, A (one of THE A's), and EC.
And this is Alise showing H how to scratch the heart off her Valentine to see who it was from. I was shocked to hear H actually reading the Valentine and my heart nearly dropped because I knew Alise wasn't at that level of reading but Ms. L assured me that it was ok. H is an older student and that put my heart at ease. I didn't have to go sit in the car and have a good cry because my daughter wasn't reading. Whew! By the way, notice those horse shoes beside the kids' backpacks! Yep! That would be what the little Rebel had to pull last week! Just so you know.
And here is Alise and her favorite teacher! We just love Ms. L! I found out today that one of Alise's classmates may not be coming back to RO in the fall (SO disappointed to hear that), but the mom told me that if Ms. L was moving up to kindegarten next year that they would stay. She is such an excellent teacher.

Alise is out of school tomorrow because we are expecting 2-4 inches of sneaux tonight here in Louisiana! Can you believe that? So I am taking off tomorrow to spend the day with her. We're going to camp out in the living room tonight, snuggle on the couch tomorrow, watch movies all day, make the Valentine cookies that I didn't get to make for her party, and eat bon bons! Lord knows she got enough candy from all of her friends for Valentine's Day!

11 comments:

  1. What a fun time!!! You and Alise and your mom look adorable!

    Snow and a Saints win in one week?! Hell HAS frozen over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pics!!! It looks like Alise had a fun Vday party! Don't you just love this snow??? Hope ya'll got lots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from FF
    Nice pictures!!! I'm going in to school this afternoon to celebrate Valentine's Day with my son's class.
    It's nice to see-your prinicpal cares-a few years ago-we had a snow day on Valentine's Day-& the kids were disappointed. They had to wait a until after winter break for their party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday Follow!
    Your daughter is so adorable and that party looked like a lot of fun!

    I am now your newest follower and cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! Love that game idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its amazing what we can pull of at short notice! Love your red and pink, I am throwing mine on now for a party in about an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Friday following ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute photos! I'm a new follower from FF. You can find me here: http://www.couponclippinmommy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics, great partyl. Hope you are enjoying your snow day.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great party! I love mother, daughter, and grandmother pictures. Her teachers sound so awesome. I have had some cries this year over a few things, but my girl is catching on nicely now. It was a huge adjustment for her this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome party!!! I am jealous! The boys' party was canceled due to the snow :-(

    ReplyDelete