Friday, February 05, 2010

Saints & Valentines

Hi Girlies! Sorry to be MIA this week, but it has been a busy one and to tell you the honest truth, I am flat worn out! I can’t imagine what next week holds with Valentine’s Day luncheons and parties on top of our normal weekly routines, but for now, we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.

The good times have begun here in Louisiana! Geaux Saints!! You can’t go anywhere in town without seeing a Saints shirt or jersey. The party supply stores are completely wiped out of black or gold paper plates, cups and napkins. Nothing that even resembles a football can be found! I know because I was in a store yesterday afternoon trying to scrounge up some paper goods for our Saints office party today. A man walked in (in full Saints attire) and asked the clerk, “Do you have any black or gold balloons?” She replied, “No, sir.” “Well, do you have any black or gold crepe paper?” he asked. “No, sir. Everything is gone.” Crepe paper?! I just wanted to find black plates!!

Speaking of shopping and Saints fans….Wednesday morning, I was in Walmart before work and had the ying-yang scared out of me! I was walking down the main aisle – the wide one right behind the registers – happily minding my own business when a black man popped out from no where and hollered, “WHO DAT!” and pointed to my silver fleur de lis necklace. Scared. me. to. death. All I could do was squeak out a “Hello,” and run like the devil.

I donned the apron Wednesday and Thursday night to bake these babies. They were a hit at my office party today. They were such a hit at home that Wayne decided to hold on to his batch and not carry them to work! My apologies to his fellow employees. Baby Girl kept asking for a football shaped cookie because she thought I had iced it with chocolate. A girl after my own heart, but sorry to disappoint. I ain’t Martha Stewart (even though I use her recipe for royal icing)!!

And Sunday night, I worked on these candy bar wrappers while I watched the Grammy's.They are similar to the bats I made at Halloween. All I need to do is add embellishments and walla! The perfect chocolate valentine for my employees next week!

I hope you have a WINNING weekend!

20 comments:

  1. There's plenty of black & gold left on the shelves here in Pittsburgh. (Moment of silence for the Steelers...)

    Following you from Friday Follow! Have a wonderful Superbowl weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fellow Friday Follower now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Friday following you.

    Come visit me at Mom-et-al.com

    -Maria

    /

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented! Those cookies look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is adorable!
    I'm following from Friday Follow... but just a warning before you visit my blog... my daughter will be dressed in Auburn! ;) congrats on the win this year, yall deserved it! (Just don't tell my husband I said that)

    www.capitolheightsmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies look great! I really didn't have much of an opinion about the Super Bowl until I met you and Pink, Green, and Southern. But now it is Saints all the way, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your blog!! So pretty!

    Visiting from Friday Follow! I'm your newest follower! I'd love for you to come visit me!

    Have a wonderful weekend :)
    ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I am a new Friday Follower, you are so creative with your cookies and wrappers! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Eloise
    Mommy2TwoGirls
    http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goooo Saints!!! I'll be rooting for the who dat nation.

    Good luck! New FF

    misadventuresofmomof3.me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cookies are so cute! Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That guy would have scared me to death too! lol
    I just got back from Wal-mart and it was a sea of Black and Gold wearing fans buying junk for the game this weekend.
    Your cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following you too! And I'm with your first commentor-- Moment of silence for Pittsburgh Steelers. :) Enjoy da bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking up with Friday Follow. I am now your blog follower. Happy weekend!

    ~ Lynn
    http://www.middayescapades.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! You are my Sunshine! Come visit my blog and see!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Following you from the Friday Follow!

    http://stacievaughansblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those cookies look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cookies! Thanks for joining Friday Follow. Glad to have you part of the fun. Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is hilarious about the man in walmart! Things have been crazy around here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Following you from the Friday Follow link-up! Hope to see you at http://luvsjurn3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are making me hungry with the cookies! Really enjoyed your family pics - they are beautiful!

    Stopping by from Fri Follows - I'm a new follower! Love to have you stop by:
    http://dimes2vines.com

    ReplyDelete