Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Found It!

In February every year, I begin planning Alise's birthday party that doesn't officially take place until May. I'm just a planner. I have to have a plan. I have to know. I'm not a procrastinist. So for the past few weeks, we've been looking online for party ideas and believe it or not, mother and daughter actually decided on a theme without alot of headache for either of us. We decided on a lollipop and polka dot theme! {Whew! SO glad I was able to talk her out of that stupid "cat theme." Thanks alot Celebrate Express!} And I hafta say that I am thrilled about it...not to babyish...no characters...just right for number 5, don't cha think?

MY BABY IS TURNING 5!!!!

So you all know that I have a FAB Cake Lady. That's what I call her - my Cake Lady but her real name is Cyndi and she has made every one of Alise's birthday cakes since the fiasco of birthday party number 1. Oh, and then there was birthday party number 2 fiasco because I used the same bakery as birthday party number 1, so really just the last two years, but I digress. You can check out birthday 3 and birthday 4 cakes by clicking on the link (you may have to scroll down). I'm telling you, Cyndi is just awesome! The cakes are delish! And since she can do anything, I've been surfing the internet trying to find the perfect cake idea and I am happy to say that I found it!! And it has her name written all over it! Okay, it's mispelled, but it's still her name.



Picture from cakecentral.com

Alise made me promise that it would not have the number 3 on it. "It has to have number 5, Mommie, because I'm turning 5!" Yes, dear daughter.

And THESE are the SO cute invitations that sweet Anna from Creative Scraps is making for us. My thing is that I have great ideas, but not the time to get those ideas finished, so I just threw a question out to Etsy about making Alise's invitations and Anna answered that she was interested. She has been fabulous to work with and after a few emails, THIS is what she came up with! Perfect!
So now all that's left is deciding the date and place, but all that depends on our t-ball schedule.

Tell me! What do you think?!

P.S. I ran in our Target this morning before work and found the most de-vine dress for Alise but they didn't have it in her size. The dress is big black and white polka dots with a green bow/sash. I think it is a Cherokee brand and retails for $19.99. Please, please, please RUN to your nearest Target and see if they have this dress in a size 6. I NEED THIS DRESS!!! Of course I will pay shipping and you will be my best friend for EVAH and EVAH! It's not online.

17 comments:

  1. The cute is ADORABLE love the Candy Theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS cake! And the invites are too cute! You are so smart! I'll check at my Target for that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you...Gillian Grace's first birthday isn't until July and I've already been searching for cake inspiration and party decor. By the way, the cake is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! That cake is amazing and the invitations are just percious! You are getting me in the mood to start planning Carter's Birthday Party! I am a big planner too and usually get started brainstorming some ideas for his July birthday around this time. So far he has given me some suggestions that I am not all that wild about (ie. Star Wars --- blah!!). That would be so him so I may give in but I would love to pick something fun that can be just for him, ya know?

    I will keep my eyes open for that dress. I am a frequent visitor of Target!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling cake!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll stop into Target tomorrow and check it out. Actually, there are two on the way to my daughter's house.

    I love the cake and invitations.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the theme! It's great. And I think you are right - just perfect for a 5 year old!

    If I make it to Target this weekend, I will send you a tweet and see if you are still in need of one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I say I am a complete dork - I said the "cute" is Adorable not the CAKE! Wow, it was a rough day! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great cake and of course you'll go for the number 5. If I had a Target I would look for you...I so wish we had Target!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you call other Target stores around your area to see if they have it in stock? Cute theme!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is going to be soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, can I just say this is so gonna be the cutest party eva! I So LOVE that cake...wanna eat it right now :)
    I would check my local target for you, but your local target is mine :)
    Hope you find the dress though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so much better than I... S's 11th birthday is two months and I have not even thought about it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovvvve the lollipop theme. We might be borrowing that in a few years! So cute. Can't wait to see that cake. I need to meet your cake lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE LOVE this theme!!! SO FUN!!! I had a bunny and lollipop party for my daughter's 1st. You can see it on my party blog. Also- did you get my email that you won the last giveaway? Please let me know if you see something in my etsy shop that you like. It needs to be used before March 15th. Thanks and have fun planning!!!

    ReplyDelete