Saturday, January 16, 2010

You Asked, I Answered - Part 1

For length sake I decided to break my answers to your questions up into two parts. And let me just say that I have loved all your questions! This has been so. much. fun.

Let's get started!

Happy Birthday! Well I have been meaning to ask you where you get Alise's things monogrammed? I need a good reasonable place!!!
Since Lori and I live in the same town, I can say, "Monograms Unlimited" and she probably knows where I am talking about (If not, email me, Lori, and I'll give you the actual address). This shop has very reasonable prices; I normally pay $6 for a single letter. I am the Queen Mother of Monogramming! Love, love, love to see Alise sporting the letter, "A." Alot of people like to use the entire monogram (all three letters), but for some reason, I like just the simple, single letter. Clothes with a single monogram are easier to resell, too. Just my personal reason.

Your hair is so cute. Is it naturally curly or do you curl it every day?
My hair is naturally curly and for that, I am thankful. Except on hot summer days when the humidity is 1,000%! Ha! My hair was Alise's color growing up (strawberry blonde), but the older I got, the redder it turned. I started highlighting my hair shortly after Wayne and I got married and I normally choose to go a little darker in the Fall/Winter and blonde in the summer. I don't buy expensive hair products. I use mousse to help with the frizziness and highlight the curls.

When is your birthday? Can I ask how old you are?
My birthday is January 20th and every four years, the presidential inauguration overshadows my special day and makes me very unhappy. Ha! As a matter of fact, Nixon was inaugurated the day I was born in 1973. So, yes, that makes me 37 this year. Getting older use to bother me...badly! The year I turned 30 was not a good year! That is, until God showed me in His word, 2 Corinthians 4:16, "Therefore we do not loose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day" (New King James Version). This verse has given me so much hope and I no longer get sad and depressed on my birthday. I rejoice in all that God is doing in my life!

when are we going to meet? ha!!! We live too close to have not met yet! :) :) :) I love these q & a posts, so fun!
Dear Candy! I am game whenever you are! Ha, ha! I would LOVE to get together and meet all my blogger friends! I just know if we all lived in the same town that we would be best friends!! I'm actually headed to Conway, Arkansas, at the end of the month and I'm hoping to run into some blog friends while I'm there.

Here is another one, What is your "must have" beauty product?
Such a great question! So great that I actually had to put a little thought into it because I have so many. But probably my "must have" would be Bare Escentuals Flawless powder. All my eye shadows and face coverages are by Bare Escentuals. I use Estee Lauder's Microscopic Mascara because it doesn't make me look like a racoon by the end of the day and I like their lipsticks, too. I use shower gels and body lotions from Philosophy in Pure Grace and Inner Grace fragrances and I love their lipglosses. And I absolutely love OPI nail polish!

What do you do to relax? What is your favorite comfort food?
I enjoy reading, but it comes in spurts. One month I'll be on a big reading kick and the next month not have the faintest desire to pick up a book. I also like reading magazines. Some of my favorites are Self, Southern Living, Family Circle, and Style. I really like soaking and reading in the bathtub. That's probably TMI, but it's the honest truth. As soon as Alise is in the bed, I hit the bathtub! Surfing the internet and reading blogs is probably my next favorite way to relax.

As for comfort food, my favorites are my mom's chicken and dumplings and homemade stew. When mom fixes either of these for her and my dad, she always saves me a bowl and brings it over. So yummy especially in cold weather! I personally like my own spaghetti sauce recipe and love to eat it over wheat pasta. It's a family favorite for us.


What do you do when you have a day to yourself without your daughter?
Normally, a day to myself involves shopping. And it's amazing how becoming a mom changes you because now I shop for Alise more than I do myself. I like to get manicures and pedicures and a massage from time to time. Normally, I get my hair cut without Alise. TCBY is on the way to my hair dresser's house and I stop by, get yogurt and just relish having my hair done. Is that crazy or what? But lately, it's just been baking....getting in the kitchen and making things. And that may seem selfish, but Alise and I have our mother-daughter baking times so don't think for a minute that I'm depriving her. But sometimes, I just wanna do it all myself without little hands to help.

So that ends Part 1 of your questions. Stay tuned for Part 2 when I answer the question EVERYBODY is wanting to know!!!

P.S. I feel like a talk show host!

11 comments:

  1. so great to know more about you! I love your q&a's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun reading your post. We have so much in common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the 5th person I know with January 20th as a birthday! My best friend, my sister, and two girls I went to high school with were born that day also! Happy (early) birthday!
    Two of my aunts and my grandmother live in the Albany/Hammond area. I love meeting new people, but I don't get over that way very often. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun, fun, fun! I'm assuming the question everyone wants to know has to do with a BABY? :) Maybe this summer I'll head your way! I like flashbacking to the M mall where I used to work and see how things are different and I need to drive through the campus too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Almost Bday! I just turned 37 too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still waiting for my question to be answered!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the answers. I'm with you about not worrying about aging. I will be 65 next month and feel much younger in my spirit. In my vain and sinful self, I only wish I didn't have to look older.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun stuff! Happy early Birthday! I love the snowflake cookies, btw. Sorry I've been such a slacker commenter lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun reading this post and get to know you better :) I think EVERY bloggy friend should copy your idea and share about themselves :) We are close in age....I was born in 74 and that will make me 36 this year...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! I am sorry I am a day late!!! What fun I had reading your answers.

    That verse from Corinthians is just what I needed to see. Saturday I turn the big 3-0...why in the world does that one seem so hard?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete