Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Daughter The Deer Slayer

If you haven't had a chance yet, go here to leave me a question. You've asked some really good questions so far and I'm happy to answer. I'll be working on my answers post later this week.

Alise went to the camp with her Daddy Friday night. I really didn't want them to go because we were experiencing record temps and even though Alise's stand has a heater, I just really didn't want my Baby Girl out in the cold. But of course, Daddy insisted. Wayne killed a doe and he said that he asked her if he could shoot the deer before he actually did and she said, "Yes, Daddy, yes! Shoot it! Shoot it!" Good grief! What kind of daughter am I raising? The first thing she said after Wayne shot was, "Daddy, can I go pet the deer now?" Too funny. I love her innocence.
Someone asked me this weekend how I felt about Alise hunting. I don't have a problem with her going with her Daddy and I really do hope that hunting becomes something that she enjoys doing with her Daddy in the future because I know how much Wayne loved doing it with his own Dad. We both agree that she's too young to shoot a gun (of course!) but I'm also hoping that gun safety is something that Wayne will enjoy teaching her one day, too. So I really don't have a problem with it.

While Wayne and Alise were at the camp, I got absolutely no-thing accomplished here at home! I ended up sleeping until 10:00 Saturday morning! Do you have any idea how long it's been since I've slept until 10:00 on a Saturday morning? I surprised myself, but it was oh-so nice!

The birthday parties have begun! We are SLAMMED with birthday parties this month!! We had one this afternoon at our local skating rink, but I didn't get any good pictures because it was too dark and all I had was my smaller camera.

Ms. L and EC will be back at school tomorrow from their "extra" week at Walt Disney World! Alise is SO excited to see her teacher and good friend again. We made them cards this afternoon that said, "We Miss You!"

9 comments:

  1. How fun for Alise to get some Daddy- daughter time! And you got some Mommy time! I'm like you though, I end up wasting it! Ha! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went hunting with my dad growing up. It gave us something to do together. He stopped taking me when I was in 6th grade. He wasn't able to hunt much after that. I have that memory. You posting about Alise brings it all back for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love Daddy/Daughter time too! I am sure Alise will have wonderful memories of their time together when she is older! And how NICE you got to have alone and quiet time!! I am jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over Thanksgiving, my daughters were able to see a couple of deer that my BILs got. Kyla just wanted to pet the deer, while Bryleigh wanted them to get up and run away. My oldest niece kept telling me that she "needed" to poke the poor things in their eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dad took me to a Gun Safety course when I was younger. I never actually went hunting with him because after the course I was afraid of the power of guns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally with you about the hunting thing. AJ goes with his dad and pepaw and it is such a good bonding experience for them. He has a bebe gun that we only allow him to use if they are with him. Alise looks cute in her camo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's great that she goes hunting with W. Gun safety is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oldest, Sumter, loves going deer hunting with his grandfather. Jackson isn't really that into it - yet! I was raised on venison. It really is some of the healthiest meat you can eat.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like Alise and Wayne are getting some great Father/Daughter time. Alise's future husband will have to thank Wayne for teaching her so much about such a "manly" sport.

    ReplyDelete