Friday, January 15, 2010

Livin La Vida Loca

No, I’ve never taken a day of Spanish in my life, but I’ve been around long enough to remember Ricky Martin in Menudo. Do you?

So what does that hafta do with this post? Whell… little Ricky grew up to big Ricky and he had a song out a few years ago called, “Livin La Vida Loca” and that is exactly what I feel like my life is right now!....Cah-RAY-zee!!!

Last Monday, Alise’s dance class began practicing their tap routine for their recital in May. Much to my horror, I think their tap number is going to be The Partridge Family theme song. There are only so many times that I can hear, “Com’on get hap-peeeeeeeeee!” And you should see what they do at the “hap-peeeeeeeeee” part! Ugh! What a switch from their “Butterfly Kisses” spectacular last year! I don’t think Daddy will be crying this go around! Maybe they’ll make up for the “get hap-peeeeeeeeee” part with a nice ballet number. I can only hope! Hoping for a descent costume ensemble, too. Ain’t nothing worse than a bad ballet recital costume! Can I get an, “Amen, Sista!”?

On Thursday morning, Alise and I walked in to school with W and his dad. W and his dad had to stop at the grocery store before school because W had left his backpack in his mom’s car the previous day. The store had all the Valentine stuff on display and his dad said, “W, pretty soon we’ll have to buy all your girlfriends something for Valentine’s Day.” W said, “Daddy, I ain’t got no girlfriends!” Then he paused and said, “Except for Alise.” I thought that was the sweetest thing evah! Note to self: You must, must, MUST be sure to write that in her baby book! And be sure to get W something extra special for Valentine’s Day!

Today was pajama day at school and I won't even begin to tell you the sheer drama we went through about picking out the perfect pajamas! Alise ended up wearing a pair of purple and white ice cream (and it's winter time!) pair that her sweet friend, E, had given her for her birthday last year. I couldn't believe they still fit! By the time we got to school, all the kids were SO excited to be in their pj's. Ms. L told all the students they had to "go home and get their clothes on." They loved that and thought it was so funny!Yes, that is my daughter in the short-sleeved pj's. She's so hot natured! Mrs. J is the aide in the back and Mrs. L is on the right. W is wearing the striped pj's (in case you were wondering what Alise's future husband looked like) and don't ask me about the pose A has got going on beside Alise. Too funny! They are such a sweet group of children.

Tonight we are just chillin' out at home and enjoying this three day weekend. All we have on our plate is a birthday party tomorrow.

BTW, I am planning on posting Part 1 of my "Ask Away" answers on Sunday. Be sure to check back!

I hope everybody has a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Just catching up on my blog reading. I sort of figured the boyfriend was the one hugging up next to her. She looked like "get off NOW." haha!

    I DREAD the day my daughter kills a deer, with a weapon, but I know it's coming.

    And your cookies look fab! Send me some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our life has been so crazy too. Doctors appointments. We found out that my Dad's bladder cancer is back. Also his PSA is so high that the cancer may have spread to his bones. I am not supposed to know about any of it because he doesn't want me to worry. My best bud that I work with is having a hysterectomy this week. We had a cancer scare with her, but everything came back fine. She will be out 3 to 6 weeks. It has just been bad news all around lately. Except for my baby news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! no fair- I never got to wear my PJ's to school!

    but seriously some people in my classes wear their PJ's.. I guess that's the good thing about college- just gotta roll out of bed and make it to class..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sofia is the same way - hot natured! She sleeps usually in no jammies at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny story about Ricky Martin: His song was HOT almost eleven years ago. Oldest son was born spring of 1999 and I had postpartum BIG TIME. It didn't help that the Columbine tragedy was around the same time. The only thing that could get me through the day was his video: “Livin La Vida Loca”. Hormones, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up girl! I loved Ricky Martin growing up. Of course it's because I grew up in Mexico. My life is like that too!!! C-R-A-Z-Y! Does it ever slow down? Your daughter is like my oldest...every night for the last 2 weeks she wakes up in the morning with her summer pj's on or in her underwear! Go figure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you guys have been so busy! I am trying to get caught up.

    Alise and W make a cute couple! That is such a sweet picture of her class. I bet they had so much fun wearing their jammies all day long.

    ReplyDelete