Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

I had a FABulous birthday! Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! My blog, Facebook, and Twitter friends are the best!!

So I thought I'd share some pics from my special day!See? I told you I would be sportin' my hounds tooth and crimson today! The first words out of Alise's mouth this morning put a huge smile on my face! She said, "Happy Birthday Mommie!" She wanted to know what time I was having my party and if I was going to have balloons and hats. So I had to explain to my all-about-birthday-parties-little-girl that when you get to be Mommie's age, you just don't have birthday parties anymore. She was a little miffed about that. She insisted on taking my birthday picture and she also sang Happy Birthday to me! Today was just one of those days when I was so thankful to be a mom!

While I was in a meeting at Alise's school, Mrs. L had the entire class sing, "Happy Birthday" and left it on my voice mail. Priceless. I smiled all the way to work.

After I got out of a meeting at work, I found these beautiful babies sitting right smack in the middle of my desk! Gorgeous!

My coworkers got me this chocolate ganache cake. It was SO good!! They know how much I love pink! And chocolate!
And then my employees remembered that I wanted an apron and look what they bought me! I LOVE it! I cannot WAIT to wear it and I'm already planning my next baking session! You'll have to excuse the oversized Bama t-shirt underneath! And now that I think about it, the apron kinda looks like an evening dress, doesn't it? Ha!
So after yet another meeting at work, I ran out the door so I could pick up Alise from gymnastics and head out to eat with her and Wayne. We went to The Longhorn Steakhouse (it's new in our town) and I ate so much! I seriously don't think my body will recover from all the eating I did today. Anyway, Alise got a little board so she started playing a game on her daddy's blackberry.


And now....for the cake of the century.....
Did my hubby do good or what? The top layer was - yep! You guessed it, chocolate! - and the bottom layer was strawberry cream cheese! Alise saw her name on the cake and nearly died! But it simply read, "Love Wayne and Alise." Cyndi, you are the best cake baker and decorator in the world! Thank you for a fabulous cake!!

My parents came over to celebrate! And I just realized that I didn't get a picture of me, Wayne, and Alise. Oh, well! There's always next year!

16 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day!! That cake is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your birthday. The photos looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great Birthday! And both of those cakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great birthday! We loved Longhorn! I am ready to go back! Was your wait very long?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you had a wonderful Birthday! The cake that Wayne got is BEAUTIFUL!

    Alise has such a sweet teacher to do such a special thing for your special day. You should save that voicemail and listen to it when you are having a rough day at work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so pretty! Love that black top! And the apron evening dress & the cake!

    The other day we went to a house-warming party party & Bo wanted to know where his goody bag was.

    I friended you on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Laura, I didn't get to the computer at all yesterday and forgot to post a "Happy Birthday" to you. I can see it was fabulous. You deserve it. Many returns.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Looks like you had a great b-day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great birthday! The cakes, flowers, and apron is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cake! And all the cute pics of you on your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cakes are amazing! Love your apron -very falttering and you look awesome in what looks a whole lot like skinny jeans with that cute black sweater! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:27 AM

    Dear User


    Affordable health insurance quotes for family, individual and self employed.
    Providing free medical insurance quotes for over 30 years using quality carriers such as Assurant Health, Medica, HealthPartners

    http://www.healthinsurance-quotes.org

    Best regards
    sedor

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a day as special as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday!! Oh WOW you had a fabulous day! Those cakes were impressive! How fun! I loved your apron :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you had a great Birthday! And both of those cakes look delicious!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete