Monday, January 18, 2010

But I Thought Christmas Was Over??!!

Alise received several presents for Christmas that I decided to "put back for rainy days." Most of them were "activity" toys that required supervision, so it's not like I was depriving her of anything. She had been asking me for weeks to "play" with a pink and purple knitting machine that Leigh gave her and I had been putting her off simply because we have not had time long enough to devote to a project. So this weekend, I finally relented and agreed to spend our extra day devoted to Alise's "projects." Ahem.

Thirty minutes after she woke up this morning, she was hitting me up to break out the knitting machine. So I did. I read and re-read the instructions. I tried to follow the instructions, this way and that, but it wasn't happening. I even texted Leigh to let her know how much I appreciated this little pink and purple gem! But when Alise said, "I bet my Nana could do it!" I said, "Well, call Nana and ask her to come over." Nana was lost, too, but she took the machine home with her to "figure it out."

Project one bites the dust.

Before Nana even got out the door, Alise was begging to "cook" with her Disney Princess Cool Bake oven. So I poured myself a diet coke and I'll let these pictures speak for themselves:




Alise did an awesome job! And lucky for me, we found even more cake batters and frostings at Target tonight! Note to self: buy Alise an apron (cooking bra) to match Katie's for her birthday.

Ms. L, Alise's teacher, sent me this pic of EC and Alise last week that she snapped during center time. I absolutely LOVE it!! I can't tell you how relieved I am that Alise has finally made new friends at her new school. She is finally "moving on."

Today, we met Mrs. L and EC at a local restaurant for a late lunch. The girls were SO excited to see one another! And I think Mrs. L is the best!! I'm so thankful that Alise has such a great teacher!

11 comments:

  1. How precious!! I had an easy bake oven when I was little and loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think that knitting business would have been too much for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I think that you and A need matching aprons. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinkie has the same ez bake oven except we ruin everything we make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it wrong that I am jealous of A's EZ Bake? I always wanted one as a kid and never had one. I guess I can pray I have a girl some day to get her one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the EZ bake oven! Did you & Mrs. L organize the dress code for the luncheon? I'm so happy for Alise.

    As far as I know, we are still planning to come for Alise's big day (no graduations or weddings-that I know of). Let me know when you're planning to have her party. Thanks! What would she like for a birthday gift? Have her be thinking and send me the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that last picture! You all look so cute and pretty! Color coordinated and everything... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about the knitting machine....I hope you will still be my friend!!

    How fun that y'all went to lunch!! Too cute!

    Oh, I love your purple bday suit!! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute! The matching aprons would be precious. The pictures say it all. She had an awesome time with her Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the little oven!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a good time! I saved a few of those gifts back too. One day we will tackle the sock puppet kit.

    ReplyDelete