Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Birthday Eve Randomness

Tomorrow is my birthday and I’m so excited about it! I normally take off work on my special day but instead, I used a day of PTO to stay home with Alise who was out of school yesterday for MLK day. I think I forgot to mention here, that sharing my birthday with MLK every few years doesn’t make me happy, either. I don’t like to share. But whatevah. We are headed to a local restaurant tomorrow night to celebrate and then I get to celebrate all day Saturday in Jackson, Mississippi with shopping, movies, and what else? P.F. Chang’s! OMGoodness, I can’t wait!

So yeah! My diet has bitten the dust this week. However, I did return to the gym tonight!

I wore a new eggplant colored sheath and jacket to work today that I bought before Christmas. I got it on sale for $35; regular price was $115. Anyhoo, all my employees and co-workers gave me an extremely hard time about wearing LSWho colors. Of course I pointed out that I did not have a smidge of gold or even white on. I warned them to wait until tomorrow. Crimson and hounds tooth hath no fury!

Wayne asked me again last night what I wanted to do for our anniversary in April. After 15 years, you would think I would have this big plan, but I let it sneak up on me and so I’m left clueless. Airfare to Atlanta is outrageous even for one person so I am secretly hoping that Wayne will want to drive the 8 hours instead. I would love to see the Diana Exhibit, but even I’m beginning to wonder if 8 hours in a car is worth it. I absolutely hate car rides.

Wow at the response to my post yesterday regarding Alise’s oven! Looks like I wasn’t the only one deprived as a child for not having an Easy Bake Oven! But I do want to point out that Alise’s oven that she got from Christmas is a Cool Bake Oven and so it uses ice – yes, ice! – to “cook.” Don’t ask me how. And let’s just say that the results are a little less than desirable when it comes to taste. Yuck! But Alise thought her mini cakes were the best evah and so I let her think that, too.

6 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday! We ate at Chang's this past weekend - I highly recommend the spicy greenbeans--TO DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I know you and Alise will have fun together. I had an Easy Bake Oven, but once you ran out of stuff, you couldn't use it anymore. Ice. That's really something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are having a wonderful day! Happy Birthday...and to celebrate, the girls and I will break out our Easy Bake Oven and make some yummy cakes to enjoy in your honor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Have a great day, even if you have to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can totally stay with me if you come to GA!!!

    ReplyDelete