Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Yes, Virginia, There Is Such A Thing As A Zhu Zhu Pet

I mean Alise.

Yes, Alise, there is such thing as a Zhu Zhu pet.

Good grief, what have I done?

It all started last week when Alise saw the commercial on TV. I wasn’t paying any attention, but she nearly fell out of the recliner telling me about this hamster. And, of course, I had heard about them on the radio and read in magazines and blogs that they were the IN thing for Christmas. But until then, Alise had never mentioned it and I was so glad that I didn’t have to go traipsing all over the world to find a fake hamster. Get real!

And then I read The Crayon Princess’ blog and her good fortune with not only finding the Zhu Zhu pets, but her HUSBAND – of all people – finding the accessories to go along with it, too.

Something came over me.

I guess I had another out-of-body experience, because yesterday morning, I stopped at Toys R Us on the way to work to see if they had any freakin’ Zhu Zhu pets. When I asked the sales clerk, she looked at me like I was so stupid, but I didn’t even know what the crazy things looked like!! There was a table set up in the front of the store that had every color of fake hamster imaginable! Santa is bringing Alise a pink and white one that goes by the name, “Jilly.” I like that name. And I most certainly like the idea of having a “fake” hamster instead of a real one.

So as soon as I get to the car, I begin texting all my friends about my good fortune!...Letting them know that the Tide was High (I crack myself up!) and if that they were in need of any Zhu Zhu’s they better get their still-sleeping-in-my-pajamas-self to Toys R Us and rack up! Ms. L – Alise’s teacher – text me back and said, “I don’t even know what that is???” to which I replied, “Good for you!! You probably want to keep it that way!” Ha!

So there you have it! My no-I-don’t-need-to-be-at-Toys-R-Us-at-midnight-the-day-after-Thanksgiving story!

Pics of Alise and her furry “rat” coming soon. I promise.

4 comments:

  1. I wondered what you were doing at Toys R Us so early that morning when you tweeted. I am sure that Alise will be so surprised to see Jilly...I like that name too! I don't really understand why they are the hot item this Christmas...after typing that I googled them and I guess they are pretty cute. So maybe they are cool after all. That would be much better than a real one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard about those too! MK hasn't mentioned wanting one, but if she sees the commercial she will. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Alise will certainly have a very merry Christmas!! Glad you got your hands on one, I've heard they are so hard to find! Thank goodness my boys haven't heard about them yet,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those things can not be found in AZ at all!

    ReplyDelete