Monday, December 14, 2009

The Scarf Thing

So. If you've been reading my blog long enough, you should be able to answer this question fairly easily.


What color scarf do you think I purchased on Black Friday??

.
.
.
.
.
.


If you said PINK.......
.
.
.
.
.
.
Then you would be CORRECT!!!!

However, the only picture I have of me even in a scarf is this one taken of me last Saturday (by Alise). I found this great red scarf at Wally World for $5 a few days earlier!! Much cheaper than the pink one that I bought at Belk on Black Friday.


Yeah, so I've been wanting to do the whole scarf thing for a while now. I know. I'm a season late, but so what? Don't you know that everything happens alot slower in the South?

Believe it or not, I actually noticed this hot little trend last year, but I was too scared to actually go out and. buy. a. scarf. Honestly, I thought I would look really stupid so I secretly hoped that the fad would disappear and I wouldn't have to succumb to the temptation. Didn't happen. So, yes. I bought a scarf on Black Friday.

And then I came home and started doing some research on You Tube about how to tie the darn thing.

So if I'm a season late for fashion, then I am definitely clueless when it comes to so many ways to TIE the stupid thing! My Lord! And the videos! They were so freakin' LONG! Why couldn't someone do a clip for each style? That way, I could just watch a 10 second clip and decide whether or not I liked it instead of listening to thousands of crazy women go on and on and on in monotone about all the different styles?

Geez.

So this past Saturday was my first day to try the scarf thing. I actually got it tied and it looked WAY cute!

Now I am a scarf wearing Diva!!

Do you wear scarves and if so, what is your favorite style?

Go here for a chance to win a $100 gift card from CWDKids! Awesome!!

9 comments:

  1. I have one, but haven't had a chance to wear it. I might wear it for Christmas, not sure, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid to wear a scraf...it looks really cute on you! I have several scarves that I do wear with coats...now you have got me thinking that I should at least give it a try!

    Alise took a great picture of you! The girl has got some skillz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scarves and I know that I don't wear them right. Someone said it made me look taller. Wish I had one in every color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a season late too! And that scarf looks fabulous on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! I read your scarf post after I posted my pics! It took me a minute to figure out how to tie it too! I have several that I have been wearing lately and I love them! You look great in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could be a scarf person! They just never do look right on me. :(

    side note--if you liked Ryan Reynolds in The Proposal, you should see Definitely, Maybe. Very cute movie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great in your pink scarf! I adore scarves...I especially love the summer-weight silk ones because I can wear one with a tank and jeans and look put together. Before you know it, you will have a whole drawer full =)

    And your Christmas tree looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I was born with a scarf around my neck. I've been wearing scarves for twenty years at least. My scarf ddrawer is so full I've had to take to hanging some of them on hangers in my closet. I don't really have a favorite type. Just bring on any ole scarf and I'll find a way to wear it.

    You should have seen the choices on street corners in NYC. I bought a really cute hat and scarf to match. I'll have Jim take a picture and I'll post it.

    BTW, you look cute as abutton in yours.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great Laura! I have yet to make the scarf leap, but you look great so I may give it a go!

    ReplyDelete