Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Princess & the Frog

We went with our Alabama friends this morning to see the new Disney movie, "The Princess and the Frog." And let me just say that it is a wonderful movie!! I think it's going to be one of my favorites...ranking right up there with "Cinderella," and "The Little Mermaid." I don't want to give too much away, but I love that the movie is set in Louisiana. But I have to ask you that if you do see the movie, please don't think that I talk like "dat" because I don't. A Southern accent, yes, but not full-blown Cajun.

Anyhoo, this is a pic of Alise and her friend, M. M's parents moved to Louisiana from Huntsville and her mom and I have become great friends as room moms for our daughter's classes and serving on the school's mom's committee. M is in kindegarten; she has my kindegarten teacher from 30 years ago! Is that awesome or what? I took this pic right before the movie started and Alise was so giddy with excitement! She couldn't wait to get to the theater! M, on the other hand, is very quiet and shy.

We are so glad to actually have Alabama friends right here in Louisiana.

7 comments:

  1. What fun!

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked to movie too! I thought the music was great! We want to own that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww.. I love going to the movies! I was always so excited when my parents would take me. My first movie was 'Oliver & Company' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are wanting to take the boys to see this. They want to see it, hopefully it is appropriate for little boys,lol!! Cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your sweet comment! Your daughter is oh' so precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sofia went to see this with her Dad yesterday and wanted to leave an hour into it because she said it was too scary?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet picture! Alise is so happy all the time!

    I want to see that movie. Carter on the other had wants to see the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. Maybe I can do a little bargaining and we can see both!

    ReplyDelete