Friday, December 25, 2009

Post Christmas 2009

I have SO enjoyed reading everyone's Christmas posts and looking at your Christmas pictures! I just LOVE this time of year!! However, if you haven't seen a comment from me, it's not because I didn't stop by your blog. My google reader exploded over the course of 48 hours and I simply didn't have time. And if you really want to skip this post of mine, I truly understand because it's filled with lots of Christmas photos mainly for family and other relatives.

Christmas Eve started out like any other...at my parent's house. We always have finger foods on Christmas Eve...things like chips, sandwiches, fruit, and cookies. Remember, I told you Mom was going all out for Christmas since Michael, my brother, and his family were in town (they switch between Misty's parents in Oklahoma and ours)? Well, she definitely went all out!

About 8 o'clock we went out into the VERY cold and VERY windy air to pop firecrackers. An Anderson Tradition. I can still remember me and my dad popping them when I was Alise's age at my Grandparent's house on Christmas Eve. This tradition is certainly something I want to keep. Get a load of my hair if that is any indication of just how cold and windy it was!


After that, it was time to come home and let Alise open one gift which will always be Christmas pajamas. I wonder how many years it will take her to figure out that this will ALWAYS be the present on Christmas Eve? Ha!Alise was SO exhausted from playing with Brooklyn and not having a nap that day, that it was no trouble getting her in bed and fast asleep that night. She was so tired that she even forgot to leave cookies out for Santa, but we certainly didn't remind her about it! We let her sleep and off to wrapping and "staging" the loot we did!And then, before we knew it, it was CHRISTMAS MORNING!!


And now! For the moment you've all been waiting for.....the newest member of the family....The Tider!! Wayne's Christmas present! Did I do good or what?And I bet you all thought it was a D-O-G! Ha! The Tider has already been christened with Alabama stickers! Thus, the nickname. I'm ready to hop on and drive all the way to Pasadena!!
Ahem! My Christmas gift is a WHOLE other post! More to come.

So, then it was off to my mom and dad's again for Christmas dinner. I LOVE this series of pictures with me and my mom. It was our first Christmas without my Grandmother and I know my mom missed her mother very much.




More Christmas pics of Alise and my niece, Brooklyn. And now one of me and my brother.And then it just hit me that I didn't post any of our "family pictures" from Christmas Eve, so here are a few more...





I hope you and your family had a VERY Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. You look so great! Love the Tider!!! You guys look like you are freezing in those outdoors pics!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! Alise made out like a bandit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures! It looks like Alise and MK got some of the same things. I know you had a wonderful time with your brother being home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the photos! It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas. I love the tradition of shooting fireworks...that would be a fun one to start next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures came out great and it looks like everyone had a fun time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! I love your momma!

    ReplyDelete