Tuesday, December 01, 2009

He's Ba-a-a-a-ack!!

Meet Jack, our Elf on a Shelf!

Jack showed up last year and brought much Christmas joy and happiness to our home in the form of keeping a some certain 3 year old little girl under control. Well, sorta.

This year, Jack's got his work cut out for him! He's gotta deal with the attitude, the back talk, and smart mouth of a 4 year old that thinks she's fourteen! A little girl that thinks all she has to do is say, "I'm sorry" and all is well with the world again. She hasn't quite mastered the fine art of consequences and that is mostly to blame because of her parents. Somehow we've failed.

So that's where Jack comes in! He hides in a different place every night after he comes back from visiting Santa to report on Alise's actions for the day. And Alise loves waking up every morning and looking for him! It's a fun game that we play as soon as I wake her up in the morning. She's already been asking about him this year by asking, "Mommie, do you think Jack will come back to see us again this year?" Little does she know, I had her Daddy hide the Christmas box I had him stored in so that there was no chance that she found him any earlier. And heaven forbid we forget to "hide" him one day! Oh. my. goodness.

December 1 is always J-Day...Jack Day!

Oh, and in case you are wondering, yes, that is a UPS toy truck in the back ground. As an Elf, Jack believes in shipping UPS, too!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder that I must bring our elf out, too. Granted, mine is not as "cute" as yours...he's gosh...36+ years old?!!? LOL! Yep...my mom had one years ago, and she gave it to me. I kept it, and then heard about this whole "Elf on the Shelf." Thank goodness I kept the thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Jack posts. Too bad you don't have one for the Easter Bunny or the Great Pumpkin... you know, keep her in check year-round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to start this next year when L is almost 3. I don't think he will get it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our elf is Freddie. He showed up last year too. I read the book to A.J. 2 nights ago and told him to keep a look out because Freddie might just show up one day. I think he's coming out tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is precious! Mary-Kate named her elf "Bunny." Not sure why. He is going to be making an appearance soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SO have to get one of these!!! I think the boys would really love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of these little elves and how they do amazing wonders on kids at Christmas time! I need to remember this for when hubby and I have a little one. So cute and such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a couple that will be showing up tonight to keep the girls in check. Tell me more about what your elf does...'cause I need all the help I can get with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's because you introduced me to Jack last year that T has an Elf of her own this year (yet to be named). At 2.5, she is not really grapsing the concept all that well, but we have 25 days to practice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too bad you don't have one for the Easter Bunny or the Great Pumpkin.

    Work From Home india

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww that's super cute! We have a scarecrow left up still as a remnant of fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jack looks a lot like Candy Cane. They must be related. Cousins or something.

    ReplyDelete