Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Leigh!

So my BFF Leigh gets the fun of having a birthday on Christmas Eve.

I've missed my friend so much! She's been staying with her MIL and helping as she recovers from a stroke. So imagine my surprise when Leigh agreed to a little birthday celebration lunch at a local Italian Restaurant (We both love pasta!)! I was so excited to see her!!
Alise was so excited to be included as "one of the girls." She couldn't wait for Leigh to get to the restaurant!

Here's a pic of our FREE dessert! Complete with three cherries and three spoons! It was SO yummy and just perfect for three chocolate lovin' girls!
Leigh got me the Pioneer Woman's cookbook for Christmas. SO excited to get it!! I've nearly ear marked every recipe in the book to try, so if you don't have it, RUN to your nearest book store and get it! Now. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

Speaking of recipes, I will be posting my Devil's Food Cake recipe as well as another new favorite holiday casserole that I made for the first time this year. It was so yummy! I like to post my recipes on my blog so if I can't find my written copies, I know they're on my blog, too.

I am off work this week, so stay tuned for all the things that Alise and I will be doing! I see movies, skating, more time with Cousin Brooklyn, and a New Year's Eve party with some "scary" friends in our future. I can't wait!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your BFF Leigh! That dessert looked awesome. I have got to get that cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egg-in-the-hole is delicious! I used Egg Beaters. SO good. I was really surprised at just how tasty it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Alise made it such a special birthday!! I so needed a *girls* lunch date! Can't decide which lip gloss is my fav...I just keep rotating which one I pick!

    Thank you for being such a special friend! You are so thoughtful and sweet! Love you!! (and Wayne & Alise too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to meet you in Conway! That would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the third person I've had tell me to purchase The Pioneer Woman's cookbook. I guess I had better go buy it!

    How fun to get together with your friend and daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dessert looks scrumptious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Laura,

    I've just caught up with all your Christmas posts. Loved all your pics. Looks like you had a fabulous holiday. I especially love the pictures of you and your mom.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete