Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cooking Bra

I absolutely HAVE to share this BEFORE I BUST!!!

Monday night, Alise and I shared a fab mother-daughter time of Christmas shopping. I mean, yeah, there was still the two trips to a public bathroom (you all KNOW how I feel about that!) and standing in line for 45 minutes waiting to see Santa along with all the dogs in our city, and loosing her Christmas frosted cookie and having to buy another one and drinking half of my diet coke and biting the straw which I cannot stand, either...but thank God we didn't have to go in Build-A-Bear.

I digress.

Alise and I were walking out of Penny's (potty break) and she said, "Mommie, I want one of those cooking bras, too, like you got Katie (our Alabama cousin)."

I was TOTALLY confused. What in the world was she talking about?!

She continued, "I like to cook, too, Mommie. I like to help you make pizzas and we make cookies."

THEN it donned on me!

SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT AN APRON FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!

I said, "Baby, it's not called a 'cooking bra'!! It's called an apron!! You know what an apron is!"

"Well, I want one. I want a pink one, too, with my name on it because I like to cook, too!"

"Ok, Baby Girl. I will get you one, too!"

Is that priceless or what?!

I was DYING, ya'll!! DYING!!!

7 comments:

  1. That is just precious! You will have to show us a pic of Alise in her "cooking bra."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alise is so funny, just like her mama! ya'll have a great Christmas! you better let me know ahead of time if your my way again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! It's moments like these you have to jot down before you one day forget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love the kidisms :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too cute!

    ReplyDelete