Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Cookie Swap

Kara's Kitchen Creations


I always like to find new cookie recipes! Join in this neat idea for a Cookie Swap! And you might even win something, too! Visit Kara's Kitchen Creations for all the details!

Cowboy Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups rolled oats
1 small pkg of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Cream sugars, butter, eggs, and vanilla until fluffy. Sift dry ingredients and stir in. Add oatmeal, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by a teaspoonful on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Makes 8-9 dozen.

The dry ingredients for these cookies can also be layered in large glass jars and given away as Christmas gifts to teachers, friends, and family. See what I did for my daughter's "Cowboy Day" at school here.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Hey where did you buy your jars? I went to Joann's last night and they didn't have them. I also looked at Wal-Mart so I am going to try Hobby Lobby tonight. I'm scared its seasonal and no one had them right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,

    I'm just catching up with you. I am laughing as I write. Your ordeal with AT&T really made me laugh. The undies in the living room could have sooo easily have been me when I was working before the kids were born. And you relate it so humorously.

    I just love the pictures of Alise and the ballerinas. My dancing daughter is named Gretchen so I loved that too.

    Hope your week is going well. I'm still recovering from NYC and am beat. I took today off. Never left my house. I have much to do yet, so hope tomorrow is better.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up with my cookie party! I checked out your pink cowgirl cookie jars and they are absolutely darling. Such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Grandma--who is from Texas, imagine that!--makes cookies like this. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cowboy cookies! Last year a friend of mine gave me all the dry ingredients in a jar that was decorated, like you mentioned, and it was adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this. I have always wanted to try doing this for teacher's gifts. So cute!

    Girl, I had a dream the other night that you moved down the street from me. We had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound delicious. I love cookies with oats in them, and I love the layered cookies in jars, too. Fun recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:42 PM

    Dear Author thehortonfamily.blogspot.com !
    Bravo, this idea is necessary just by the way

    ReplyDelete