Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Buddy the Elf

Not to be confused with our Elf on the Shelf, Jack, but "Buddy the Elf" was a ballet performance based on the "Elf" movie featuring Will Ferrell that was out a few years ago. Our local ballet company celebrated their 50th year this year and went all out to celebrate! All the local elementary schools were invited to see the performance and then on Saturday, children could have "Breakfast with Buddy" and meet many of the performers. Alise was in heaven!!

We got tons of pictures with the characters as well as some other ballerinas, but I decided to spare you here and only included a few of my favorites.

This is a picture of Alise with her dance teacher, Ms. Gretchen. She is fabulous and had one of the main parts in the "Elf" production. Alise got a kick out of getting to watch her teacher dance.

Not only did the children get to eat breakfast with the characters, but they had different
"stations" set up for cookie decorating, making reindeer food, story time, and actually getting to go back stage.
Here is a pic of Alise with Buddy on stage. She loved the idea that she was on the same stage as her dance recital last May! And when the snow came down, the children went crazy!! And the man that played Buddy, was wonderful! He fit the character perfectly...very tall!
We met up with Ms. L and EC, Alise's new best friend at her new school. They are so tight and I love it! We love Ms. L (Alise's teacher) and EC.
And here is a pic of a local children's author, Cindy Foust, reading "Buddy the Elf" to a group. Check out her Alpha-Kidz books! They are wonderful and we have several of them. Cindy is so nice and it was her brother that actually played the character of Buddy.
And last but not least, here is a pic of Wayne and his 9-point buck. Good Lord!
Of course, Baby Girl had to get in the picture, too. She's actually going with her daddy to the camp this weekend.

7 comments:

  1. awesome pictures. I love Elise's dress!! Hell, I love all her dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ballet performance looks like so much fun! Would you believe that I have never been to a real {professional} ballet performance before? That is on my list of things to do. I went to a performance when I was in Germany but it ended up being VERY modern and included nudity! I was shocked and so disappointed that I didn't get to see traditional ballet!

    Alise is just as cute as usual...I bet she was in heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics! I totally forgot about the breakfast event. There is so much going on for Christmas around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures and a neat opportunity for Alise. I love the Elf movie. Congrats to Wayne for the deer. My nephew got one and you would think it was the greatest thing that ever happened!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Laura, You give me all these pictures of Alise in her cute smocked bishop with ballerinas, then you bust out with a dead deer on a 4-wheeler.

    You know we are from the South!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving Elise's dress! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Alise in that sweet smocked Christmas bishop!

    ReplyDelete