Monday, November 16, 2009

Lota Links

*Look how Bakerella celebrated Sesame Street's 40th Birthday last week! So cute!! If you're like me, I had to "think back" and realized, Hey! I wasn't even born when SS premiered. Luckily, for me, Oscar had already been living in his trash can for four years before I was born. But I do remember watching SS when I was in kindergarten. Every morning. At 8:00.

*Speaking of food, Pioneer Woman's new cookbook is out. She's gallivanting all over the country promoting it. I'm considering buying one myself.

*I am SO excited about decorating for Christmas this year. However, it would be nice to just have someone do it all for me. Look at Kristen's decorating masterpiece. I just love the colors, the ribbon, and greenery. And that chandelier is just a-mazing!! I'm checking out our Sam's Club vera, vera soon! Updated: We made a Sam's trip Sunday afternoon and I was so disappointed that I was unable to find ornaments that even remotely looked like those in Kristen's post! Just my luck!

*Go here to get some wonderful ideas for hand made Christmas gifts. You'll have to scroll down to see all the links.

*I'm seriously considering doing one of these babies myself this year. I've looked at the ball wreaths in our local home furnishing stores and they are selling for $60 - $100. Waaaaay too much! It looks like it is so easy (And I love the reference to the movie, "Mommie Dearest?!)

*I love hand painted plates and I have found a local artist's blog that specializes in just that! Visit The Crayon Princess and check out some of her work. Make sure to check out this Santa Plate and her November giveaway.

*And last but not least, don't forget that Boomama's annual "Christmas Tour of Homes" has been moved this year to The Nester. Even if you don't participate, it is a GREAT way to get decorating ideas! Tour is scheduled for December 14th so get your homes ready!!

Enjoy!!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the links!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to star this post to check out all those links that sound so interesting!

    My Pioneer Woman's cookbook came on Friday. I skimmed through it and it is a beauty! I am planning to make a shopping list this week and try some of the recipes. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ornament wreath. I've seen these before, but didn't know how to get started. Right now is a perfect time to get started because Hobby Lobby has their Christmas stuff 50% off this week.

    Got your message about the pictures. Whoo Hoo! I can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the tips and the reminders. It is fun to find new sites for fun decorating ideas, cooking, or Christmas presents. You always find the neatest things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You linked to some of my favorite sites!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on sharing all these great links! I'm off to start on my ball wreath now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much. I will be sure to share some of the handprint platters we are working on now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I'll buy you the Pioneer Woman's cookbook if you buy it for me!! Since I'll be home soon, can we make the wreath together?? See you VERY VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE everything that Bakerella posts...and I also want The Pioneer Woman's cookbook.

    I will check out the other links for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the links. Believe it or not, I do have a ball wreath. Trust me, I didn't pay $60 for it. I think I may have purchased it really late in the season at our Wegman's grocery store for about $20. I just love it.

    I'm excited, as alwalys, about decorating, but I refuse to start until after Thanksgiving. I have a few "harvest" things out now.
    We go away for Thanksgiving so I'll be all in the mood as soon as we get back.

    Have a good day.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete