Thursday, November 05, 2009

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

By the time you read this, Wayne and I should be well on our way to T-Town! SO excited about this weekend and everything that pertains to it!! I just want the whole aura of Alabama to wash over me….the game (against LSU), the excitement, the food, the shopping, the family….everything! I love going “home” (and how neat is it that I’ll actually be reading Sela Ward’s memoir as we pass through her hometown of Meridian, Mississippi on the way?). Some very exciting stuff for this Louisiana/Alabama southern belle, let me tell ya! And without a doubt, you can follow me this weekend on Twitter.

Having said all that, there is a catch. A little “glitch,” you could say to this whole “aura” thing I got going on.

We have no tickets.

No tickets as in no. tickets. to. the. Bama v. LSWho game.

Yeah. It stinks.

But it’s not for a lack of trying.

Oh, we could have gotten tickets off Ebay or Stub Hub months ago for $250 per ticket. That’s a crazy price to pay. So, we have one more “connection” in Tuscaloosa at a Bama Fever Store and then we will resort to the scalpers at the stadium. Maybe we’ll get lucky. However, Wayne and I are beginning to wonder if this is an omen. We’ve never been to a game when Bama has lost. We pride ourselves in singing “Rammer Jammer” at the end of the game along with the rest of the 92,000+ fans. Maybe not getting tickets is a good thing. Walking out of Bryant-Denny as losers would just be the end of the world! So, if things don’t work out, you’ll probably catch us at a local food joint – because, after all, what is football without food? – watching the game! But it just won’t be the same and I’m a little down about that.

On another note, I am still recovering from Halloween! Last weekend TOTALLY wore me out and I’ve yet to catch up on any real rest. By Monday, I felt like I had been beat! So in the midst of all the excitement this weekend, I hope to catch up on some much needed sleep, too. As far as the Halloween candy, I’m ready to flush it all down the toilet! It’s making my diet life miserable. That and the leftover chocolate brownies with orange Halloween icing I made. Check out what a dentist in our area did here regarding Halloween candy. Wish I had known sooner!

If my google reader was in overload mode on Sunday, it is in the “mother-overload” stage now. My typing fingers want to push the “mark all as read” button, but my heart doesn’t. Too scared I’m gonna miss something. Isn’t that funny? So I promise after this weekend to have my blog groove back by the time I return from Alabama on Sunday.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone and if you get bored, tune in to CBS at 2:30 central time on Saturday. I’ll either be there in body or spirit, but I. will. be. there.

ROLL TIDE!!!
BEAT THOSE TIGERS!!!

P.S. If there is a certain store/boutique that I need to visit while I’m in Tuscaloosa or Birmingham, email me or leave me a comment and let me know! Remember, it’s all about the “aura”, people, and I don’t wanna miss a thing! This dieting girl SURE won't be missing out on The Longhorn (Tuscaloosa), The Cheesecake Factory and P.F. Changs (B'ham)!!

9 comments:

  1. Hey Laura! Hope you have a wonderful time this weekend! It sure sounds like fun! I've come down with the swine flu, so I know my weekend won't be much fun at all! I have a new blog address!
    http://www.inaneasterntown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend! WHat a cool dentist, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY hope y'all have fun...well, until they lose! ;)

    What is google reader?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy yourself. Tickets or no tickets, you'll have a great time. Is it kosher to pray for you to get tickets? If so, I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know y'all will have a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could go!!! Have a blast! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great trip! I hope you guys are able to find some tickets --- that would just put you over the moon!

    I know what you mean about your google reader being overloaded. It is driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:02 PM

    The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete