Tuesday, November 10, 2009

How The West Was Won

I'm not even sure where to begin blogging about our crazy fun-filled weekend in Alabama! But let me just say that we had a FABULOUS time!Wayne snapped this pic of us on Thursday afternoon as we were walking out the door. What is it about going to Alabama that makes me feel like I always need to wear RED? Ha! But remember, when we left on Thursday, we had no tickets. Long story short, we caught a break when someone backed out and we were able to use the tickets from a customer on Wayne's UPS route. Did I mention they were LSU fans and the seats were smack-dab in the middle of the LSU section?
Here I am Friday morning - not dressed in RED - holding the coveted tickets. They may have been in the LSU section, but they had Nick Saban plastered all over them! Mr. & Mrs. S were so nice to let us have the tickets at face value and although Wayne and M were already good friends, Mrs. S and I clicked as well and they invited us back to their RV to tailgate before the game! Us? Tailgate with LSU? Sure. We were up for it. However, we had to end up stopping by after the game instead because the stadium was just crazy! I had never seen so many people an hour before the game even started, so we went ahead and found our seats.

This would be a good time to mention their RV suite mate that BROUGHT HIS FREAKIN' BAR WITH HIM!!! I was absolutely shocked when we looked out the window and saw a man and his son unloading a bar - complete with bar stools, lights, flat screen TVs, etc and was setting it up outside their RV. As Wayne and I were pulling away from the S's RV to leave, we saw a scalper and asked what the street price was for a ticket. He told us $250 and up. Yowser!! The whole situation of not having tickets and not knowing if we were going to be able to go to the game was enough drama for a lifetime.
Here we are at the Cheesecake Factory in Birmingham. If you've ever been to one, you know how closely the seats are. I mean, you can actually hear the other person's conversation right next to you. Needless to say, we made friends with the Alabama couple that was seated right next to us from Ft. Payne. They were very nice, but if you guys think I get all decked out in my Bama gear, you shoulda seen this chick! I'm talking houndstooth leggings. Now, even I wouldn't go that far! Ha!
And Stephanie's Red Velvet Cheesecake is the absolute best! Wayne and I shared a piece.
And here we are later that night (Friday) at P. F. Chang's. The funny thing is, after meeting up with Doug and Mirya, we ended up eating at Chang's and the Cheesecake Factory two times! Oh, yeah! I had an awful lot of walking to do when I got back home yesterday!!
And here we are after the game....smiling faces! We survived the LSU section although it got pretty hairy a time or two. But I was on my best behavior and Wayne only had to tell me to "hush" twice. We had three guys that were sitting in front of us that were hitting the bottle pretty hard. So much so that one guy spilled his drink not once, but TWICE, in the lady's seat in front of him. She was not happy AT ALL! Her husband ended up turning around and saying something to one of them. But that wasn't ANYTHING compared to the shouting and cussing match between another one of them and a Bama fan in the next section. Why do people have to talk so ugly? I just can't stand that!!! Ugh!

And, yes, of course, we'll be hearing about that stupid "interception review" for the next 365 days, but oh, well. We have bragging rights until then and as in the words of my husband, "take that play away and we still would have won!" Regardless, Alabama dominated the 4th quarter and held LSU to only 9 rushing yards. And that's how Alabama won the western SEC division and will be meeting Florida on December 5th. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
Here we are after the game with Doug and Mirya at P. F. Chang's. Wayne wasn't a happy camper because our waitress spilled red wine all down the left side of him. He eventually got a headache because of the smell and his new shirt is probably ruined. Last night he sent a nasty little email to Chang's because our bill wasn't adjusted for the accident. We'll see what happens. I felt so sorry for him. But the fellowship with our cousins was great!
And after Chang's we went back to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. I opted for chocolate cake and ice cream instead - especially since Wayne refused to share the red velvet cheesecake again. Here is a pic of mine and Doug's desserts! Yummo!!

Even with all the excitement, I missed my Baby Girl! I think this is the first post that doesn't feature a pic of her! So by Sunday morning, I was ready to get home and see her and deliver all her "prizes." OMGoodness! She looked like she had changed and grown in just three days! I believe she missed us, too, because she spent the rest of the day hugging and kissing us.

11 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! Roll Tide!!!!

    I'm so glad that you guys ended up getting tickets. I asked around for you, but couldn't find any.

    The game was great, wasn't it? It was SO loud and fun and exciting!!!

    We had two LSU fans right next to us, but they were actually very nice (although very loud whenever LSU did anything good). I really feel for you guys being in the middle of the LSU section.

    I totally agree with your husband. Even if that call had been called an interception, our defense was playing too tough and LSU wouldn't have scored.

    I'm already excited about the Florida game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...all of your pictures are great. You guys look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time!!! And love that you got your win :-) I would love to have a weekend getaway with Kevin sometime soon!! Though it probably wouldn't be as exciting as yours,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an awesome game its so cool you were there! I can imagine there was some serious fan misbehavior going on around you hahaha:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you guys were able to score some tickets! Your weekend sounds like so much fun and a nice get away for you and Wayne.

    By the way you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad y'all had fun. A tailgating-barhaving RV? And I thought Dawg fans knew how to tailgate!

    Great pictures & yes, I do believe this is your 1st picture post without Alise.

    Cheesecake Factory rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I look so tired in that picture, maybe because I was. HA! I'm glad y'all had a wonderful time. I hate it that we didn't have a lot of time together, maybe next time.

    Roll Tide!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you got tickets. I am also glad the the Crimson Tide won. As you may know, I'm not much into football, but you and Cheryl have me hooked on rooting for Bama.

    I think I've told you before I love PF Chang's. Jim says as soon as I have a break in my life with Shelly, he is taking me out for a treat. That maybe a while yet. Things are still pretty hairy. Keep praying, please.

    Your posts make me happy.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you got to go to the game! It looks like you had an amazing time and got to eat at awesome places.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful trip and homecoming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a wonderful time. I enjoyed all of the tweeting :)

    UGH about Wayne's shirt! I really hope they do something. You'll probably get a PF Chang's gift card or something. :)

    ReplyDelete