Sunday, November 01, 2009

Horton Halloween 2009

Oh. My. Goodness!

What a fabulous weekend!

Alise was SO excited about spending Halloween night with her friends Addison & Kylie. What started out nearly 5 years ago with getting together with friends has truly become a favorite Halloween tradition. And this year's celebration was even more special because the daddies kept their promise and made sure that their little girls had a special carriage - complete with pumpkin lights and hay - to whisk them away to all the great houses for trick-or-treating. It was a perfect night for it!



This is one of my favorite pictures. I love seeing the girls knock on doors and wait (patiently - ha!) for candy.
Soon after we started trick-or-treating, we ran into "Mike" the Tiger. When the girls got back in the trailer, they started chanting "Go LSU! Go LSU!" Wayne and I were appalled. Undoubtedly, Alise is easy swayed by peer pressure! We thought we raised her better than that!
By now you've noticed that Alise started sporting her lavender sweater. It got rather cold last night. And she had been complaining off and on all week about her left ear hurting. Sunday afternoon found us in the pediatric after hours clinic diagnosed with an ear infection.
The great thing about the neighborhood that we trick-or-treat is that it is so big that everyone goes to it so we see alot of familiar faces. Here is a pic of Alise with a church friend. I love how Alise has her hand on Ally Grace's shoulder. So sweet.
Just call us moms crazy! If we liked the way a house was decorated, we would ask the person who answered the door if they minded if we took a pic of our kids standing in front of their decorations. Most everyone obliged (and I decided to spare you here), but this particular hostess, opened up her home and let the girls come inside. So nice.
Tiff & Me on the hayride. I was so glad that we decided to dress up. The girls were really glad that we did, too. Kylie kept telling her Aunt Tiff, "I sure didn't know you were gonna dress up! I thought you were going to just be normal." We both laughed and got a kick out of that!
I love this pic of Alise. She was dying to tie in to her candy and I let her eat several pieces because I knew she was hungry. We stayed out rather late and then went back to our friend's house for the traditional chili and frito pies! Yummy!!
The poser.

The Halloween Gang. The rest of Tiff's family didn't want to get in the picture because they weren't in costume.The Adams'. Can you believe Clint drove our trailer around with that awful mask on? I forgot to get a pic of him in the front seat.

The Horton's

We hope you had a great Halloween!

My google reader is on overload. If you've emailed me and I haven't responded, I promise I'm not ignore you. I hope to get caught up this week!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, look at Ally Grace! All I remember is the little tiny bald headed baby from the daycare!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A hayride to each house!?! What an awesome Halloween night!! The boys would have loved it!! Love yours and Alise's costumes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you all had a wonderful time. We want to do a hayride next year. So many people in our neighborhood do that anyway, we want to join in. I love your pumpkin that you carved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great Halloween! Alise, of course, looked adorable! And what a way to go around the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like ya'll had a blast! Your so fun to dress up, maybe I'll do that next year! ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun, fun. And great pictures. Wayne's costume was 'bout as good as R's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww it looks like you guys had so much fun! Hope Alise feels better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Halloween evening sounds like so much fun! The costumes and Alise's make up is just perfect. She is the cutest little Minnie Mouse I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing all of the kids in their costumes! I really wish I had been home to pass out candy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice Halloween night. I love hayrides! I'm so glad y'all had a wonderful Halloween. See y'all Saturday!;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful way to celebrate Halloween. You look so cute too. What fun.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVING the pictures! Looks like a blast. Happy fall, Laura! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alise is adorable as Minnie Mouse!

    And so glad to hear she came over to the 'right' side. GO LSU GO LSU GO LSU! Make sure you invite 'those' friends over this Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete