Monday, November 30, 2009

Daycare Death Threat?

I believe I failed to mention last week that Alise was threatened at daycare by a little convict boy in her class. Apparently, this little punk boy told her that he was going to kill her. Yeah. So I told Alise that we do not talk that way and not to play or talk to that little murderer boy again and to find some nice, sweet, little girls to play with. Which got me to thinking. I realize little boys are different, but I can only assume that talk like this comes from either the parents or the types of TV programs/movies that parents allow their children to watch. Look, the most violence that Alise has seen in her lifetime is "The Wizard of Oz!" I mean, we're talking about fire and water, people! Maybe I'm wrong from shielding my daughter, but I'm happy with my decision. I know if we did allow her to watch certain shows, she would be asking alot of questions...questions that I'm just not ready to answer right now. So for us, we're still sticking with Disney.

And not to keep pounding this point home...but I would like to give an example on why I believe that children get potty mouths from their parents and TV (in case you don't believe me). Alise had a very good friend that started dropping the F-bomb last year at school. It trickled down to another friend using the F-bomb on her brother. Come to find out, the original friend's parents had been letting her watch the movie, "Knocked Up." SHE WAS FOUR YEARS OLD!!! The parents were like, "She doesn't know what she's saying!" THAT'S EXACTLY RIGHT BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT TELLING HER NOT TO SAY IT!! As far as I know, Alise has never said anything ugly like that - at least not around me and her Daddy. We've made a firm rule that she will not use ugly words or profanity in our home. Now, as far as the smart-mouth and attitude, we're still working on that!! Lord, help me!!

The day after the death threat, Alise came home and said that Evan wasn't her boyfriend anymore. I have no idea who Evan is, but apparently, Alise told Lindsay that she could have him. Lindsay is Alise's nemsis from this summer...she drove Alise crazy - and me as well by having to listen to Alise recall all the bad and hateful things that Lindsay did to her everyday on the way home from daycare. So Alise stuck her ex with her enemy? Sounds like a 4 year old soap opera to me!!

And last but not least, I had to write a check to the daycare for the entire week. They do not have a drop-in policy.

So, yeah, my daughter was threatened, lost her all-of-one-day boyfriend, and the daycare got 5 days worth of care for 3 last week.

How was your Thanksgiving week?

P.S. The pic below is just an example of the compromises I had to make last week to get Alise out the door every morning to daycare. I don't think she matched a single day. I just had to close my eyes!! It killed me. I call her my "rag-a-muffin child."

7 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with wanting your four year old to be a little girl as long as she can! Were the parents of the little boy notified of what he said?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that there is a big difference between boys and girls. I tried my hardest to shield Carter from guns and "boy" type things that I didn't want my sweet little boy to know about. Even when we didn't have any gun toys in the house he was turning everything into a gun...craziness! Carter and I have had to have some little discussions about the way some of the other kids play at the babysitter and how it is not appropriate to play that way. I just wish I could put him in a plastic bubble to protect him from all of the negative influences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Danielle. Bo does not have the first gun, all we watch is Nogin & Disney & he goes to Christian school, but he's all the time talking about shooting stuff. sometimes even his big sister, but that is understandable. jk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Television today is not what it used to be. People are desensitized to filthy language and behavior because we are inundated with it. Commercials are awful too in between some of the shows. MK watches Noggin and Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, LOVE Miss Alise's outfit! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and sorry about Alise's daycare experience! That's terrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe that there is a big difference between boys and girls

    Work From Home india

    ReplyDelete