Sunday, November 22, 2009

Busy But Restful Weekend?



How can two birthday parties back-to-back make for a restful weekend?

I haven't felt well for the last three days and I think all the hoopla of the last three weeks...Halloween, Bama v. LSU game, and Alise's school and other activities from this past week finally caught up with me. I feel like I slept all weekend! Dare I say that it felt so good?!

On Saturday afternoon, our first party was for our neice, Ella. So, so cute with her Abby Caddabby Birthday Party! And let me just say that she TOTALLY racked up in the receiving end, too! Lots of gifts!! She was SO sweet and we enjoyed the party and getting to see family. Alise had a great time decorating cookies with pink icing and doing the hokey-pokey with the rest of the kids!

Here's a picture of Ella's cake! I loved it! I have a thing for birthday cakes and YES! I did partake at both parties!! Yummo!!
Birthday Party #2 was at our local Children's Museum for our friend Dorothy - I mean, Kylie! Doesn't she make a great blonde-haired-blue-eyed Dorothy?

And get a look at THIS cake!! One word: chocolate. Need I say more? My sweet friend, Cyndi, who makes Alise's birthday cakes, made Kylie's, too, and I think she did an awesome job!!
Oh! And here is a pic of Alise and Addison. Addison wanted to dress up like her cousin, so she decided to be Toto. Too funny!! By this afternoon, I started feeling well enough to whip up a batch of red velvet cake balls. My first for the holidays. Wayne started dragging out all the Christmas decorations, but we didn't do too much in that department. I'm hoping I'll feel more like decorating this weekend.

A friend told me that Toys R Us is opening at midnight on Thursday. Is anyone going to brave that one? Mom and I are going shopping on Friday, but I can guarantee you that I won't be at Toys R Us! I have just about all of Alise's Christmas shopping done - thank goodness!

Have I mentioned lately that "Three Rivers" is the best show on TV? Dr. Andy is the hottest doctor evah! Or at least since Clooney left ER. I texted Leigh one night when she was in New Orleans and told her that Dr. Andy could crack my chest any day! And that says alot coming from a girl that ONLY sees female doctors! Ha!

In between my comas this weekend, I've been reading "Water For Elephants"...a little different novel than what I'm accustomed to reading, but it's still a good read.

I plan to be in and out of the blog world this week, so I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!! Gobble till you Wobble!!

9 comments:

  1. Those cakes are both super cute! I have no idea who Abby Cadabby was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on the cakes!!!everyone is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cakes look fabulous! I hope you are feeling better. Maybe the rest helped. I tell you what, life is so busy and full these days it is nice just to stay home sometimes. I hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving. I'll have to try that tv show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound like you have one busy weekend! I am glad that you were still able to find some time to rest.

    Both of those cakes are so cute! My sister would just love the Wizzard of Oz themed one.

    Have a wonderful Thangsgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water for Elephants is one of my favorite books in the last couple of years. It's fantastic!!!

    I also have a weakness for birthday cakes. One of the main reasons I go to birthday parties. LOL

    Are you ready for the Iron Bowl? The craziness has set in here in Bama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you believe how wonderful Mandy Patinkinwas last week? I wassoooo impressed. I think he should get an Emmy for that performance.

    I love your pictures. What fun.

    I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.

    Love and...
    -hippo hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm SO there @ Toys R Us @ midnight,lol! LOVE how cute those cakes are!! I'm jealous about little girl birthday parties,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tell you what, life is so busy and full these days


    Web hosting india

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:17 AM

    quite interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did any one hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

    ReplyDelete