Monday, October 05, 2009

Weekend Randomness With Pics

A friend at work introduced me to the luscious honey delicious apples and let me just say that they are SO good! The apples are only in season in the fall, and they are crisp and sweet, but not too tart. They can also be rather expensive; I paid $1.99 a pound at our local grocery store and that was on sale! Make sure to look for them next time you go to the store and let me know what you think.

With the cooler temps we’ve had this week and trying the new apples, I’ve really gotten in the fall baking mood so I got on the internet and found a recipe for Apple Crisp. It turned out so good and perfect with ice cream! The only downside was that I don't think I used enough apples. Oh, well! I had an extra set of hands helping me in the kitchen because…after all…hunting season started this weekend.

Speaking of fall baking, check out Bakerella’s latest post. Aren’t these amazing? I’m considering making those for Grandparent’s Day at Alise’s school next week.

I took Alise back to the gym last week because I wanted her coach to talk to her about moving to the advanced class. Coach was thrilled that she decided to move up and picked her up and carried her into the bigger gymnasium to show her all the equipment. To make a long story short, Alise's older church friends are in that class, so she left with a HUGE smile on her face! So glad that whole situation worked out for us!!

Last Friday's pep rally theme was "Mardi Gras" and here she is:I let her decorate her own mask. Note to self: there is a difference between pink "glitter" and pink "fairy dust." Who knew?!

After Bama whooped up on Kentucky Saturday, Baby Girl and I headed to the pumpkin patch for some early Fall pics. I'll be sharing those in a few days.

Have you noticed the cute Christmas pieces at Belk? Here are just a few that I picked up last week on sale. Of course, they will all be donned with a monogram!
I didn't get these two pieces to go together, but I couldn't pass up the polka dot leggings. I got the shirt to go with a houndstooth skirt. Too cute!
And Valentine's Day in October? Oh, yeah! Perfect!!

Don't forget! Go here for my Halloween Hairbow Gieaway!! It ends Friday.


10 comments:

  1. fairy dust vs. glitter...who knew?!? cute finds! the belk here always disappoints...y'all must have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Alise's mask and her beads. She looks so cute. I bet your apple crisp was fantastic. Wish I lived closer and could have tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eating Honey Crisp apples for the past few years now. They are hands down my absolute favorite apples. I usually slice them up with a little bit of Dublinger cheese and stuff myself with a tasty snack. Glad you discovered them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really interested in Bakerella's Pumpkin Pie Bites. They looked so good.

    Good for Alise. I know she will do great!

    No, I had not checked out Belk lately. The last time I went (2 wks ago), they were just starting to bring out Thanksgiving and Christmas outfits. I was able to pick up Colton a Thanksgiving outfit and a Christmas bib, but they didn't have much out. They did tell me to check back later and unfortunately, we all got sick about that time. Hmm! Mama may have to make a Belk trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wearing ballet flats with my tights and skirts per your suggestion and it feels good. i thought i would feel shorter but i don't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great finds! That first outfit will be super cute with a monogram!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and LOVE Alise and her mask!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute finds! the belk here always disappoints...y'all must have a good
    Work From Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute are Alise's clothes! Love them all! Her mask and beads are so fun, my boys would love those!! And I have yet to make anything with Apples though I've been dying to! Maybe this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete